Sponsored

Mishimoto Is Giving Away a Free 2015 EcoBoost Air Intake!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubyRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT 6M
So... Results?
Sponsored

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP

clubamericalara

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost

RubyRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT 6M
That bastard!!!

RubyRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT 6M
I'll be sure to do a detailed install write-up and video.

I suppose I can also compare it to the MMR.

Sponsored

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
I'll be sure to do a detailed install write-up and video.

I suppose I can also compare it to the MMR.
Have you had any time to do this detailed write-up?

SVOv2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP 6MT
Mishimoto, feel free to send one my way. I'll gladly perform a thorough write up on the intake!

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
He doesn't have an ecoboost anymore he traded it for a gt Mishimoto please select someone else for the giveaway this is kinda unfair

Edwin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang - Triple Yellow
I'll do an in depth write-up of mine if you send me reimbursement for it. :thumbsup: I'd also accept an intercooler instead and knock out reviews on both for you. :thumbsup:

clubamericalara

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
check out my channel www.youtube.com/clubamericalara22 I do reviews of random stuff, including Bama tune recently. Would be glad to do the step by step installation and review etc.

Sponsored

RubyRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT 6M
Install and Review in the video below:

[ame]

As promised, here's the install and review video from winning the intake. However, my install portion of the video is a bit quick, mainly because Mishimoto has their own install video. If you want to go right to the review sound clips, feel free to jump right to the 5:40 mark of the video.

For those that don't know, I won a contest for the intake about 2 months ago, so I wanted to give the brand a shoutout and do an install/review video for their product.

Long story short: I really like Mishimoto's products. From the intake now in my dad's car, to the Oil Catch Can I put in my old EB, their products are really solid and usually priced competitively.

RubyRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT 6M
For those that want a written install guide... here you go!

Uninstall the stock intake:

1. Use a flathead screwdriver to remove the screw holding the inlet pipe to the stock intake filter box.

2. Remove the mass air sensor (by twisting counter-clockwise and then pulling straight out) and then pull the tree-clip out that's connected to the stock box.

3. Remove the 10mm bolt holding down the stock box and remove the stock box.

4. Use a flathead screwdriver to loosen the two worm clamps holding the inlet pipe to the turbo housing.

5. Remove the bypass valve hose and the hose next to it; using pliers for the BVH and by pushing the gray part of the clip holding the other hose and then pulling the quick-connect clip away.

6. Remove the stock inlet tube.

Install of the Mishimoto CAI.
Prep: If your heat-shield came assembled, remove the three screws and detach the sidewall from the top-wall and then put your rubber sleeves around the inside edges of the shielding, where the pipe will rub against.
1. Begin the process of installation by grabbing the two worm clamps in the set and putting one on each side of the silicone inlet pipe. Make sure you also use WD-40 on the smaller-diameter opening of of the pipe; this makes sliding that side onto the turbo housing much easier.

2. Insert the smaller inlet opening onto the turbo housing, making sure that the pipe completely covers the housing before tightening the worm clamp.

3. Feel free to go ahead and connect the two hoses right near the turbo housing either at this point, or once your entire intake is installed. Use the pliers to make sure the BVH is on ALL THE WAY, and push the quick-connect end of the other hose until you hear it click in place. I would suggest tugging on both hoses to make sure they are secure.

4. Take out the 10mm bolt right near the headlight assembly. It will be the only visible bolt that sits right inside your bumper near the driver's-side headlight and will be sitting basically right in front of where your stock intake box was sitting (towards the front of the car).

5. Next, remove the two highlighted tree-clips in the pic below (this is the area of the inner fender wall that is right underneath where your stock air filter box was set), as well as the top 8mm ground bolt right above the tree clips (basically, the top bolt in this picture).

6. Place the larger section of the heatshield in place, sealing the heat-shield by re-securing all bolts and clips mentioned in steps 4 and 5 (10mm bolt near the headlight housing, two tree-clips on the base of the inside fender wall, and the top ground bolt on the inside fender wall) through the holes in the heat-shield.

7. Place the Mass Airflow Sensor and filter into the Mishimoto inlet pipe. Put the MAF sensor in, twist clockwise until it stops turning. Push the filter on on the side of the inlet pipe near the welded bracket on the pipe, and then secure the worm clamp.

8. Put the rubber bumper ON TOP of the bracket welded to the inlet pipe, and then use ONE of the two 10mm nuts to secure the bumper to the bracket.

9. Place the pipe into position, making sure to get the filter all the way down into the wheel well area, letting the inlet pipe rest flush on top of the heatshield. It may take a bit of wiggling, but it should go in with little trouble. Then, work the screw coming out of the top of the bracket/rubber bumper through the obviously available hole in the fender body, and then the second 10mm nut to secure the intake in place.

10. Using the flexibility of the silicone part of the inlet piping, push the metal and silicone pieces of the piping completely together, then tighten the worm clamps using a flathead screwdriver.

11. Put the MAF sensor wiring harness through the cutout near the corner of the heat-shield closest to the engine.

12. Wiggle the top piece of the heat-shield into place. If the inlet pipe and MAF sensor harness are in their proper place, if should fit on with no issue. Use the three black screws and washers to seal the top piece on.

13. Make sure all clips/clamps/bolts/screws are tight and sealed and then YOU'RE DONE!

Last edited:

RubyRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT 6M
Nevermind.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.