ryant601

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
Yea I did it that way once too...if you can get it loose, just turn it with a 1/4". or just break the tab the first time you pull the bumper off because you didn't know that the 7mm bolt was a thing. Lesson learned, I need a new bumper cover for a different reason anyways.
Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Yea I did it that way once too...if you can get it loose, just turn it with a 1/4". or just break the tab the first time you pull the bumper off because you didn't know that the 7mm bolt was a thing. Lesson learned, I need a new bumper cover for a different reason anyways.
Haha I did the exact same thing. There are at least 2 other EB ppl on here who did also. Makes my bumper super easy to take off now :thumbsup:

I have 2 routes I'd take before buying a whole new cover though. A) Adhere some heavy duty Velcro from home depot to the car and the cover on both sides. B) pretty good local body shop said they could probably fix it for $120

OP
OP
ryant601

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Haha I did the exact same thing. There are at least 2 other EB ppl on here who did also. Makes my bumper super easy to take off now :thumbsup:

I have 2 routes I'd take before buying a whole new cover though. A) Adhere some heavy duty Velcro from home depot to the car and the cover on both sides. B) pretty good local body shop said they could probably fix it for $120
I have some curb rash from someone not to be named, they can be had for $300-$400 on ebay so it doesn't bother me that much.

Alloy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 EB
$300-$400? Was that painted? Looking at the reciept for mine after front bumper cover replacement...price for OEM ford was $121.67.

OP
OP
ryant601

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Yea this was a take off on ebay, painted. Probably about right, to paint OEM would probably bring it to around there I think.

Sponsored

Pabs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Just ordered my charge pipes but no intercooler yet. Hoping to get that within the next couple of weeks.
@ Mishimoto
is it okay to run your charge pipes with the stock IC?

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Why didn't you just get Fmic first? Not that much more and way more benefiets

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Agreed and taking the bumper off isn't very difficult.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
+1

Just ordered my charge pipes but no intercooler yet. Hoping to get that within the next couple of weeks.
@ Mishimoto
is it okay to run your charge pipes with the stock IC?
Thanks for picking up our charge pipe kit Pabs! Our piping kit is fully compatible with the stock cooler as well as our upgraded counterpart. You will have no problem with install!

Let us know if we can help locate an intercooler for you!

-John

thanassis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Hello to all,
I installed a Mishimoto intercooler on my ecoboost a few days ago and I would like to share my impressions.
First of all, it is a high quality product and very well designed. The box is nice and protects it during the shipping.
I live in United Arab Emirates and now the temperature is 35-45 C (95 - 113 F) that's why I decided for a better intercooler.
I have made on my own a lot of retrofits, big turbo, etc.. on my old car so it was not a big deal to change that part.
The biggest issue was that inside my parking had 35 C (95 F) so it was not very easy to stay a lot of hours in that place.
The first tricky part was to remove the bumper, but I did not wanted to use the jack (to lift the car) so when I was unscrewing the fender 7mm bolts, the rachet could turn only 2 clicks per time.
I took the bumper off but not the bottom cover because I would lose more time for that. The stock fmic was blocked by the AC radiator so it was also a little bit tricky to hold it and remove the intercooler alone.
I did it finally and installed the Mishimoto one. The installation was much more easier than to remove the old one.

I left the active grill shutter out of the car because there is no reason for that here. But I would like to have some feedback from someone that tested with and without.

So now about my impressions.
With the stock one, and Ambient Temperature 35 C(95 F) I had Intake Air Temperature 60 C (140 F) after 10 km in the city with medium load and 72 C (162 F) with 3rd gear and full load. That means +25 C from the ambient in the city and +37C on full load.

With the Mishimoto cooler, with the same way of driving, with 40 C (104 F) Ambient Temperature, I had 52 C (126 F) with medium load in the city and 56 C ( 133 F) on full load on 3rd gear. That means +12 or +15 C in the city and + 16C on full load.

So there is huge difference between the stock one and Mishimoto. But when you stuck in traffic, it is soaking with more heat that the original (because of the metal housing) but the temperature drops very quickly when you are running.

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hello to all,
I installed a Mishimoto intercooler on my ecoboost a few days ago and I would like to share my impressions.
First of all, it is a high quality product and very well designed. The box is nice and protects it during the shipping.
I live in United Arab Emirates and now the temperature is 35-45 C (95 - 113 F) that's why I decided for a better intercooler.
I have made on my own a lot of retrofits, big turbo, etc.. on my old car so it was not a big deal to change that part.
The biggest issue was that inside my parking had 35 C (95 F) so it was not very easy to stay a lot of hours in that place.
The first tricky part was to remove the bumper, but I did not wanted to use the jack (to lift the car) so when I was unscrewing the fender 7mm bolts, the rachet could turn only 2 clicks per time.
I took the bumper off but not the bottom cover because I would lose more time for that. The stock fmic was blocked by the AC radiator so it was also a little bit tricky to hold it and remove the intercooler alone.
I did it finally and installed the Mishimoto one. The installation was much more easier than to remove the old one.

I left the active grill shutter out of the car because there is no reason for that here. But I would like to have some feedback from someone that tested with and without.

So now about my impressions.
With the stock one, and Ambient Temperature 35 C(95 F) I had Intake Air Temperature 60 C (140 F) after 10 km in the city with medium load and 72 C (162 F) with 3rd gear and full load. That means +25 C from the ambient in the city and +37C on full load.

With the Mishimoto cooler, with the same way of driving, with 40 C (104 F) Ambient Temperature, I had 52 C (126 F) with medium load in the city and 56 C ( 133 F) on full load on 3rd gear. That means +12 or +15 C in the city and + 16C on full load.

So there is huge difference between the stock one and Mishimoto. But when you stuck in traffic, it is soaking with more heat that the original (because of the metal housing) but the temperature drops very quickly when you are running.
The intercooler affects charge temps not intake air temps. Are you using anything to log charge temps?

Sponsored

thanassis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Premium
The intercooler affects charge temps not intake air temps. Are you using anything to log charge temps?
I am using OBD ELM connector and I am logging the temperature on IAT2 channel on Fordscan application on my Android phone.
Normally the Intake Air Temperature should be measured in the intake manifold and not in the filter box.
That's why I am avoiding the IAT measure in my instrument cluster.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
IAT = map sensor at the air filter (air entering at the air filter)
IAT2 = map sensor on the cold side of the intercooler (air entering the throttle body)

IAT2 is what you'd want to monitor, and it'd appear that you are.

thanassis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Premium
IAT = map sensor at the air filter (air entering at the air filter)
IAT2 = map sensor on the cold side of the intercooler (air entering the throttle body)

IAT2 is what you'd want to monitor, and it'd appear that you are.
Exactly, I was logging IAT2

Ryan412

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
So what kind of performance gains can you expect with this?

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
So what kind of performance gains can you expect with this?
You won't see any performance gains, but you will be able to make more reliable power due to cooler charge temperatures. You will realize the full power of your setup at almost all times.
It also creates a platform for tuning that will far surpass what you can do with a stock intercooler.
Sponsored