Sponsored

Mishimoto’s 2015+ Mustang GT Performance Intake R&D - NOW RELEASED!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
First, I totally love what you guys did here. Really great job on this.

With that said, the only reason I haven't pulled the trigger on this is because I'm not sure what I will be doing engine modification wise. Very likely will have a GT350 intake in my future which I'm not sure if this will fit on. Do you all plan on having an GT350 intake version of this or am I off base thinking this won't work?
Sponsored

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium

With that said, the only reason I haven't pulled the trigger on this is because I'm not sure what I will be doing engine modification wise. Very likely will have a GT350 intake in my future which I'm not sure if this will fit on. Do you all plan on having an GT350 intake version of this or am I off base thinking this won't work?
It would fit as long as you kept the stock throttle body. If you went with the 87mm GT350 throttle body the tube won't fit you'll need a tube with at least a 3.75" ID but 4" ID fits easier.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT

Your kind words are appreciated, we're glad you took notice! Hey I totally get that, decisions like those can get complex, especially when it comes to a winter build.

There aren't plans in the pipeline to make a hose that will fit the GT350 throttle body. As of now, we are only offering this intake with the ID that will fit the stock size. There has been some community interest in making a piece that will fit that throttle body and we have devoted some time into looking into it, but we are not planning anything official.

It would fit as long as you kept the stock throttle body. If you went with the 87mm GT350 throttle body the tube won't fit you'll need a tube with at least a 3.75" ID but 4" ID fits easier.
Thanks for the help [MENTION=23439]Terminator2[/MENTION]! This can certainly work, and we'd love to see the results if you go this route [MENTION=13927]Performance nut[/MENTION]!

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Does this have a "snorkel" toward the grill like the stock box?
This kit does not have the long snorkel that the stock airbox has. Instead, we have designed this kit for the filter to be placed directly in front of the path of incoming airflow, and this works out well because our filter is a high performance, high flow filter that will be able to effectively grab lots of air.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Having color options is always nice, so in which color do you think our 2015+ Ford Mustang GT Performance Intake would suit your S550 the best?

2a84508.jpg

Remember, it's on Presale now!

maddawg57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Premium PP GT
I just pulled the trigger and ordered this for my car . Was wondering you say you supply the sound tube block off , do you throw in the firewall plug as well ? Do you have an idea on ship date?

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
I just pulled the trigger and ordered this for my car . Was wondering you say you supply the sound tube block off , do you throw in the firewall plug as well ? Do you have an idea on ship date?
See below!

Hey guys,

I just had a chat with my project manager and it looks like we have made a change to our intake kits - for the better!

We will actually include a sound tube plug for the firewall.

Previously, I said that we were not going to include this piece, but our plans changed with the amount of questions and interest we were getting with that being a feature with our kit. You won't have to worry about how you plan to plug the hole in the firewall now, we've got you covered! Every intake kit we sell will have this piece included, so no need to worry if you will get one or not. You will still have the option to either retain your sound tube or delete it - your choice!

This intake is still on presale, so be sure to take a look at our product page to make your purchase. The presale price will last until the end of this month, I will update this thread if that time schedule changes. Let me know if you guys have any other questions.

-Diamaan

Mr Snappy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-Vert, 2015 Tahoe LTZ
I just pulled the trigger on a RED version. When do these ship?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I won't deny this piece looks really good. Have you worked with Lund to work out the MAF transfer?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
I just pulled the trigger on a RED version. When do these ship?
Red hot!

We are planning to have these in our warehouse and ready to ship out to everyone close to the end of this month. We don't have an exact date for when shipments will actually begin taking place, but once we get closer to that date, I'll be sure to keep everyone posted.

I won't deny this piece looks really good. Have you worked with Lund to work out the MAF transfer?
Thank you! You still have time to decide, presale price will stay at $284.95 until the end of this month.

We have not discussed doing a MAF transfer with any companies, nor have we worked with any tunes. With enough interest, it could be a possibility later down the road.

-Diamaan

Kevin Tullock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP Euro
Still waiting.

I just talked with one of our project managers. If you are in Europe, clicking on that link will direct you to our European website, and the presale page is not on there. I'll send you a PM right now to get you squared away!
Sorry to say I'm still awaiting contact from your sales dept any chance could could maybe send them a nudge?

Cheers

:cheers:

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
You say you haven't worked with any tunes but does that include tunes designed for a stock intake setup? I have the Ford Racing PP1, would this play nice with that tune? The sound alone in the vid is almost selling me on one. Does it lower the exhaust note too or is that all induction sound I am hearing?

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
You say you haven't worked with any tunes but does that include tunes designed for a stock intake setup? I have the Ford Racing PP1, would this play nice with that tune? The sound alone in the vid is almost selling me on one. Does it lower the exhaust note too or is that all induction sound I am hearing?
It would include that, yes. However, a tune like that should pair nicely; you should not run into any problems. Just keep in mind that we haven't tested any tunes so I can't guarantee what sort of performance gains you'll see, but we'd be interested to see the results!

Being right next to the car while it was on the dyno, you can definitely hear a change in the exhaust note. Listening closely, it does give the car a slightly more aggressive sound. The induction sound is also pretty pronounced, but the mixture of both makes the entire exhaust note unmistakable.

Hope I was able to sway you! :D

-Diamaan
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.