Tazdevil 66

SGM, US Army, Retired
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Does anybody have any recommendations on a shop to do a cat-back install? I know it's a fairly easy job, and typically would do it myself, just no way to get the car far enough off the ground to get my big butt underneath :D

Thanks,
I live in Dickson and just put my exhaust on in my driveway (MBRP Street). Took all of an hour. Only thing needed were some ramps, flathead screwdriver, 2 sockets and an Allen wrench. I would be glad to help.
Sponsored

Tazdevil 66

SGM, US Army, Retired
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Have not seen you yet

Dntalman, unless you are in a guard GT I have not seen you (not that I am out and about very much). The only other 2015 that I have seen is a DIB and it is either an EB or V6. That said lets talk shop sometime. I am new to the mustang world. I am in Dickson as well.

John

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
If you are in Franklin, DBR Performance in Spring Hill might be the logical choice. They have a ton of experience with Mustangs and do top notch work.

Tazdevil 66

SGM, US Army, Retired
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
For those on the fence about exhaust

Would be willing to provide "live" audio for those on the fence with their exhaust. Real tough to do on the Internet and sound is soooo subjective. I went with the MBRP Street catback (black) primarily due to price/color combo ($543). Wish I had that option as the 2015 Mustang crowd is real thin over here. I don't think it would have changed my mind though.

OP
OP

shobbs007

Forensicator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Race Red/PP; 2009 Tundra RW
Well, I made the trip out to Delk's this morning to check them out. Ended up leaving with my exhaust installed. :D This was my first time there, and won't be the last. Great people, a wealth of knowledge. When they got my car on the lift, Heath invited me back to look it over, or well, under. Watched the whole install. When they guy pulled out the tape measure to check the tip alignment, I knew I went to the right place. The Borla S-Type cat-back sounds fantastic! And, if you notice the 66 on the rack next to mine - I don't know who's car that is, but it is one bad Mo-Fo.

I only have an iPhone vid of the initial startup, so this will have to do (assuming this even works).

Sponsored

OP
OP

shobbs007

Forensicator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
And apparently I need to learn how to post videos.... :headbonk:

101charley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charley
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Magnetic, 400A, 6AT, 3.55, MBRP Street
Thanks shobbs! My MBRP Street catback (4 1/2" polished tips) arrives today! Yes! I am hoping to get over to see Heath at Delk tomorrow, but the wife has stuff planned so I might have to wait.

OP
OP

shobbs007

Forensicator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Nice. It's definitely worth the trip out there. I also got some quotes on springs/CAI, and their prices were in-line, and even cheaper than online :)

Bassfishman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem, MT, 50th Ann App, White, 3:55
Do any of you guys go to the Mt Juliet or Cool springs cars and coffee on Saturdays? I would really like to hear what something other than stock in person.

OP
OP

shobbs007

Forensicator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Do any of you guys go to the Mt Juliet or Cool springs cars and coffee on Saturdays? I would really like to hear what something other than stock in person.
Where are you in TN? I might be able to meet up with you somewhere if you want to hear the Borla system.

Sponsored

Bassfishman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem, MT, 50th Ann App, White, 3:55
That would be great. I live in Lebanon and I frequent Providence on the weekends.

y2ksilverbullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT 5M, 2001 DHG Bullitt, 2015 GT 50 YR LE A6
Well, I made the trip out to Delk's this morning to check them out. Ended up leaving with my exhaust installed. :D This was my first time there, and won't be the last. Great people, a wealth of knowledge. When they got my car on the lift, Heath invited me back to look it over, or well, under. Watched the whole install. When they guy pulled out the tape measure to check the tip alignment, I knew I went to the right place. The Borla S-Type cat-back sounds fantastic! And, if you notice the 66 on the rack next to mine - I don't know who's car that is, but it is one bad Mo-Fo.

I only have an iPhone vid of the initial startup, so this will have to do (assuming this even works).

If you don't mind, what did they charge for install?
:cool:

OP
OP

shobbs007

Forensicator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)

y2ksilverbullit