Sponsored

MBRP race Cat-back & C&L CAI install. Do I require an ECU remap immediately?

Nicc.Andrei

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrei
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost Fastback
Hello everyone!

I just got my 2016 Ecoboost a week ago, bone stock. I am planning to complete a stage 1 soon. I already ordered an MBRP Cat-back and a CAI. Next on the list is a new intercooler and finally an ECU remap.

My question would be, can I run the exhaust and CAI for a while without a remap and not get a check engine light pop up on my dash, or run into other kinds of technical troubles?
Sponsored

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium, 76 Harley shovel, 77 KZ1000
You can run all 3 mods (cat back exhaust, CAI and upgraded IC) without worrying about any check engine lights or codes being set. Doing an ECU remap will just give the most benefit of those upgrades but to be honest the only upgrade that will make a noticeable difference is the bigger IC since it will prevent the dreaded heat soak and increased intake charge temps that result from the very small inadequate factory IC.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new ride.

Now pay the pic tax. :wink:

BD

OP
OP
Nicc.Andrei

Nicc.Andrei

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrei
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost Fastback
That seems like a valid answer. I appreciate it, take it, and here is my due pic. :rockon:
20240516_145638.jpg

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
You should have upgraded the intercooler first. The catback and CAI are shiny things that sound cool that will not increase any performance in you car. In fact depending on the CAI you install it may lower your HP/TQ. It's been proven that a stock box with a drop in filter is the best mod for air intake. As far as your cat back you won't see any measurable performance increase until you upgrade the downtube and get it tuned. Just my 2 cents from an old gearhead.

OP
OP
Nicc.Andrei

Nicc.Andrei

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrei
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost Fastback
I appreciate the feedback, sir! Agree with you. Should have went for the IC first 🤦‍♂️, but it will come soon. Still, I am exited to hear the new exhaust in combination with the CAI 🤩
Sponsored