Sponsored

Maybe I am missing something here...

Rye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I've seen some posts about wanting to do stereo upgrades but people seemed to be hyper focused on replacing the stock head unit for one reason or another. Some people even think they "need" to...

Had my car for a couple weeks. I went to a local car audio shop and they did my car up with some higher end Focals, class A power, and W6 sub in a custom sealed box and didn't have to mess with the stock head unit. They just sent the signal flat from the stock deck to an Audison processor/equalizer thingy, added some other gadget from JL, and it makes my friends Shaker pro sound like a clock radio that's been thrown against the wall a dozen times.

No issues, no replacing anything, 100% factory look with crystal clear sound that will rattle your eyeballs.

:shrug:
Sponsored

Last edited:

2016Gruv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I've seen some posts about wanting to do stereo upgrades but people seemed to be hyper focused on replacing the stock head unit for one reason or another. Some people even think they "need" to...

Had my car for a couple weeks. I went to a local car audio shop and they did my car up with some higher end Focals, class A power, and W6 sub in a custom sealed box and didn't have to mess with the stock head unit. They just sent the signal flat from the stock deck to an Audison processor/equalizer thingy, added some other gadget from JL, and it makes my friends Shaker pro sound like a clock radio that's been thrown against the wall a dozen times.

No issues, no replacing anything, 100% factory look with crystal clear sound that will rattle your eyeballs.

What did you start with, the base system, 9-speaker Shaker or the 12-speaker Shaker?

OP
OP

Rye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I had the 300a equip group so that is 6 speakers right? Its a base GT with performance pack.

thxultra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost, 2016 Mercedes C300

In my case I wanted to have car play, dsd support and Kenwood has a nice dash cam setup that works with the head unit I got that I would like to get eventually... I also wanted a bigger screen for the backup cam. Which Focals did you buy? Which amp did you get? The speakers and amp are by far the weakest parts of the stock system.
Sponsored