Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 GT86 Autox, 16 GT350 TP, 06 Civic Si TTD car

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
If that lets you run 18s that would be interesting. But at the price I suspect it will be I cant see replacing the stock hardware

OP
OP

BlkGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 GT86 Autox, 16 GT350 TP, 06 Civic Si TTD car
I believe the initial price is around $4k. Upside is non drilled rotors more brake pad options and replaceable rotor rings. If allows 18's that would be awesome. Downside is the price.

Peter

Last edited:

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I bet the rotor rings still cost more than the entire stock rotor

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
Maybe this is the gt4 brake setup done as a aftermarket kit?

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
If that lets you run 18s that would be interesting. But at the price I suspect it will be I cant see replacing the stock hardware
Same. Sweet mother of god. I was going to see if maybe the rotors would work but they're too small.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
A few things to ponder, I believe the FP 350s has a different brake booster and the car is much lighter than the street version of the GT350. Also the car in the advertisement is wearing 18 inch wheels which are significantly lighter than the 19-inch Factory option. Solely attributing the faster lap times to the brake system is misleading. So how will this system actually perform with the stock booster and OEM Factory option Wheels? Other than saving 30 pounds in the front of the car, which is undoubtedly where it needs to lose the most weight, is there any more stopping force? I personally would rather spend the money on lighter Wheels and better tires.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
A few things to ponder, I believe the FP 350s has a different brake booster and the car is much lighter than the street version of the GT350. Also the car in the advertisement is wearing 18 inch wheels which are significantly lighter than the 19-inch Factory option. Solely attributing the faster lap times to the brake system is misleading. So how will this system actually perform with the stock booster and OEM Factory option Wheels? Other than saving 30 pounds in the front of the car, which is undoubtedly where it needs to lose the most weight, is there any more stopping force? I personally would rather spend the money on lighter Wheels and better tires.
IMSA rules too. Brakes can only be so big and I believe anything over 4 pot is illegal. Wheels must be 18" diameter too.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
A great brake package if you are fairly hardcore and track quite a bit. Beyond that, the factory brakes do the job admirably. Just wish the pads were thicker.

zzj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zac
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 H1828
Does it come with rear brakes too? Seems the photos shows the one with prototype brakes still with factory brembo rear brakes. And if it's identical to the race car the 18inch forgeline wheels should fit with the brake which is great. So the wheels are 18 inch front and 19 inch rear? For the similar cost about 5k I can also grab two carbon fiber front wheels to shave More unsprung weight since the calipers don't rotate compare to the rotors and wheels. This is a hard decision to make.

thackl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mclaren 720s,X5,17 Raptor,c63s edeition1,1098SFS
Does it come with rear brakes too? Seems the photos shows the one with prototype brakes still with factory brembo rear brakes. And if it's identical to the race car the 18inch forgeline wheels should fit with the brake which is great. So the wheels are 18 inch front and 19 inch rear? For the similar cost about 5k I can also grab two carbon fiber front wheels to shave More unsprung weight since the calipers don't rotate compare to the rotors and wheels. This is a hard decision to make.
Saving wt on the wheels will make more difference. Do that first.

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Ive been meaning to write up a review but my car dropped a valve at the track and I've been busy dealing with that.

I've been working with Essex for years now and have run their kits on all of my cars as well as customer cars.

For what you get the price is unbelievable.

For the record my car has 19x10.5 TE37 Ultras with 305 RE71R. The wheels are just under 22lbs each.

With this kit most 18" wheels will fit but no 18" wheel can clear the oem rear. They are working on a rear kit to test out that uses the parking brake as the GT350S deletes it.

On my car I was able to melt the dust boots on the oem brembos after my second track day and knew they had to go. The pad changes are a pain in the ass for people like me who swap pads frequently and the calipers and discs are heavy.

There are also crappy pad choices thus far for this car for the fronts. Luckily the rear brembos use the same pad from the new Corvette.

I was running the DSUNO Ferodo pad with SS lines and Torque RT700 fluid and did my best to get these to fade and they would not.

My braking zones also changed completely because I could brake substantially later.

Pad changes are very easy and only take one minute. Also the DS2500 pad is silent on the street but gives you excellent stopping power.

Zitro was right that the GT350S is different in that it uses a Bosch ABS controller which is why I had to test this kit out to see how it would affect the balance. I can say it is perfect. If you think the oem system is good, this will blow your mind.

This system isn't for everyone, if you are not tracking this car heavily or only street your car this is not worth it.

Also before testing this system I was looking at the GT4 Brembo kit. That kit runs a bigger disc but a smaller 4 piston caliper and is well over 6k.

So for the people who feel like this is a lot of money for brakes look around. This is a true race kit and would be at home at any race prepped car.

As far as consumables go the rings are around 400 a piece but can be found for sometimes less through vendors.

The pads available are endless and are cheaper. I'm using the 9660 caliper which is meant for HPDE and uses an 18mm pad. This is more than enough for me but some may want an endurance type caliper below.

There is a 9668 caliper that uses 25mm pads which is mean for endurance racing. The pads are alittle more because they are thicker. The caliper also gives you 14mm less spoke clearance.

Alcon, AP Racing, Brembo, Carbotech, Circo, CL, Cobalt, EBC, Endless, GLOC, Hawk, Mintex, Pagid, PFC, Portfield, PMU, Raybestos and Wilwood all make pads for these calipers.

33304456902_2f5c28e393_z_d.jpg

33460196285_93e5cc9208_z_d.jpg

33419964846_f10ae19f54_z_d.jpg

Here's the oem disc and AP disc, you can see that the disc isn't much smaller, however the caliper is drastically smaller.
Sponsored