Sponsored

MAY 2016 SALES

gUiTo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 trailblazer
I was talking to my neighbor who loves camaro's, he made it blatantly clear the new camaro's really offer nothing exciting in the looks department then he said Damn Ford to Hell! They nailed it! He cant stop talking about the gt-350. And he already said the nex gen z/28 could outrun Hell and it would still look like a camaro.

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
6G Cam did the twenty car Indy drivers parade, 6G Cam was the Indy 500 on track pace car, Indy cars have Chevy power and badging, Chevy dovetails the high May visibility with national advertising. 6G Cam is in full production, coupe, convertible, turbo4, V6, V8. Challenger outsells 6G Cam in May!
That is a surprise.

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Even if GM was going after lower volume higher profit, I would have to think that they are a bit upset at this months numbers.

Sponsored

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Despite the positive press the Camaro received and still is receiving to a certain degree I still think the GT350 / R has owned much of the American V8 spotlight. CNBC actually had a new article a few weeks back, I think GM is trying to buy, or solicit any good press it can find however it is a bit late in the game. The Mustang also had a hell of a head start and exceptionally executed launch in Europe.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Lower volume higher profit is BS. Car companies are in business to sell cars the more cars they sell the better. If your not selling cars your not making money. Mustang killed camaro before and it looks like it's going to happen again because gm is following the same sales strategy is did before over priced and low on content doing things on the cheep.

Sponsored

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Margin is great, but every car you don't sell fuels your competition. As inventory continues to build this false mantra will destroy them. The idea that they should not sacrifice a bit of profit to sell more cars is only logical if the actual cost of the vehicle simply doesn't support a discount. If that's the case they are worse off than we had thought.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
And this is the other issue with it. Not only does it look the same it's also pricey. I wonder at what point they need to sell to make a profit. I would certainly think that after all the R&D on a car like this they would hope to sell more then the measly 5827 units they sold. Those figures are downright pathetic...
GMs always seem to be the most pricey with the Big three.
I still don't understand how some people pay 60K for a Cadillac and then it's worth 40K the next year. Just dumb.

I'm not brand biased, used to be a GM snob, but I've come to realize GM is crap and the only late model GM I would by would be a Vette or ZL1

30K* (Still too high but yea.)

I do agree on the rear end comment to an extent. However it's better looking than the refreshed 5th gen with that stupid line going through the licence plate.
I love LED tails, but the 14-15 Camaro just looks UGLY!!!. I don't understand why they did that.
Sponsored