Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
Happy anniversary! Great wheels.
Just checked my paperwork, not quite a year yet. Tomorrow is 9 months, but thanks anyways!

BTW, your avatar really brings out the Stang's Grabber Blue. :)

4orceFed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP Equip.Group 400A
Updated pics. Finally got the Continental Extreme Contact Sports on the HRE's. Sully is Whippled now, with the help of fellow member db252, so was in dire need of new shoes....Front 9.5 x 20 (+35), 275/35/20 Rear 10.5 x 20 (+45) 305/35/20.
MY HRE1.JPG
MYHRE2.JPG

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
^SPEEDBUMP TERROR

Sponsored

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
Talk about tucked, damn. Gorgeous.

4orceFed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
:lol: The advantage of air lift.
To each their own regarding car mods, if makes someone happy then that's all that matters.

But for me, I don't envision this as a likely scenario:

"Speed bump, activate air lifts!"
"Drag strip, lower air lift."
"Dime on road ahead, activate air lift!"
"Road course, lower air lift."
"Entering Walmart parking lot, ummm ... Abort, Abort, Abort!" :cool:

4orceFed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
To each their own regarding car mods, if makes someone happy then that's all that matters.

But for me, I don't envision this as a likely scenario:

"Speed bump, activate air lifts!"
"Drag strip, lower air lift."
"Dime on road ahead, activate air lift!"
"Road course, lower air lift."
"Entering Walmart parking lot, ummm ... Abort, Abort, Abort!" :cool:
Agreed, my dad says the same thing. What a boring world this would be if everyone drove the same looking Mustang. Everyone's likes and dislikes are their own and I didn't build this Mustang for anyone but me. I love the adjustability/performance and have zero issues with driveways, speed bumps or any other road obstacle. It's set to my drive height, which is about an inch lower than stock, until I wanna park it and lower it for tucked stance. The scenarios you listed are hyperbole IMO and unrealistic, as no one I know adjusts it 10 times in an outing. Set it and forget it, period. For me, this is an advantage not a disadvantage. Air Lift is definitely not for everyone, and I'm glad about that.

CTH621

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 GT, 2022 Shelby GT500
Agreed, my dad says the same thing. What a boring world this would be if everyone drove the same looking Mustang. Everyone's likes and dislikes are their own and I didn't build this Mustang for anyone but me. I love the adjustability/performance and have zero issues with driveways, speed bumps or any other road obstacle. It's set to my drive height, which is about an inch lower than stock, until I wanna park it and lower it for tucked stance. The scenarios you listed are hyperbole IMO and unrealistic, as no one I know adjusts it 10 times in an outing. Set it and forget it, period. For me, this is an advantage not a disadvantage. Air Lift is definitely not for everyone, and I'm glad about that.
FYI all S class Mercedes have a Mercedes proprietary adjustable air suspension since 2006. So Airlift and similar brands will probably be very common in luxury cars in the future. It's not some impractical gimmick. It just costs money now but as soon as costs come down to due economies of scale, it'll be in more vehicles coming out as a factory feature.

Sponsored

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
... What a boring world this would be if everyone drove the same looking Mustang ... The scenarios you listed are hyperbole ...
Well of course they were!

But there's some truth there too, as I usually don't even bother toggling Drive Modes. ;)

4orceFed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Well of course they were!

But there's some truth there too, as I usually don't even bother toggling Drive Modes. ;)
So what's your point? What truth? If you're not a fan of lowered vehicles, I'm ok with that. But it's no more of a "SPEED BUMP TERROR" than your beauty. It's as stationary as you make it. Has height and dampening adjustability and has no clearance issues unless you decide you want to destroy the underbody of the vehicle by leaving it aired out while driving??? I could've posted a picture of it in 4x4 "mode" and you would've never been the wiser. Now if you have "performance" concerns to make, different story. Probably not the first choice for serious racers. Other than that, height and adjustability are not limitations, they are advantages of being on air.

Last edited:

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
So what's your point? What truth? If you're not a fan of lowered vehicles, I'm ok with that. But it's no more of a "SPEED BUMP TERROR" than your beauty. It's as stationary as you make it. Has height and dampening adjustability and has no clearance issues unless you decide you want to destroy the underbody of the vehicle by leaving it aired out while driving??? I could've posted a picture of it in 4x4 "mode" and you would've never been the wiser. Now if you have "performance" concerns to make, different story. Probably not the first choice for serious racers. Other than that, height and adjustability are not limitations, they are advantages of being on air.
Dude, it's the truth that I:

- lost interest in modding cars when Bush Sr. was president
- favor OEM everything (for better or worse)
- keep all warranties in tact

Again, to each their own dude. You're taking all this wayyy too personally.

4orceFed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Dude, it's the truth that I:

- lost interest in modding cars when Bush Sr. was president
- favor OEM everything (for better or worse)
- keep all warranties in tact

Again, to each their own dude. You're taking all this wayyy too personally.
Nah, I try not to take things out of context or take things personally. I'm too old for that and it's just a car! Besides there wasn't anything to take offense to. I'm just analytical and curious. Again, I understand people don't like certain things. These are forums and people are free to post whatever they want. No problem here. I tend to come here for information and look at cool rides. Just trying to dispel misinformation and understand why people post things that they do when they are not factual. Trying to shed some light on the subject at hand. Opinions are opinions, facts are facts. These digital Air Lift systems are not the hydraulics or air lifts of years past. But they ARE modifications, which you stated you don't favor. A manifold controls the system electronically, based on height and/or pressure, with the push of a button on a controller or from an app on your phone. So, struck me strange when you made a statement about speed bumps and having to adjust the suspension every time a road condition changes. Because that couldn't be further from the truth. It appears that your comment was based on your personal preferences rather than knowledge of the system. I respect your reasons and thank you for clarifying. Social media is a blessing and a curse because a ton gets lost in translation. BTW you have a beautiful car.

Last edited:

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
Nah, I try not to take things out of context or take things personally. I'm too old for that and it's just a car! ... Social media is a blessing and a curse because a ton gets lost in translation. BTW you have a beautiful car.
Spoken like a true gentleman!

Wish there were more people like you on 6g, seems we were driving 'Stangs before half the people on this forum were born. lol

(most probably never even heard this jingle when it originally came out ;))
[ame]
Sponsored