Robottrainer

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer
Please try removing the screw holding the eBrake cable to the knuckle. Then unbolt the caliper and hang it out of the way. This allows you to tilt the shock outboard and twist it to get the bottom 'T' to pull out and upwards from the control arm.

I don't recall if I had to remove the rotor, but it too slips off easily at this point.
The last poster said he did it without pulling the calipers
Sponsored

OP
OP
Robottrainer

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer
I know. I remain skeptical.
Me too. I've tried several times. The only time they came out was when I had the hubs removed and the axles out and then when > dropped the cradle out.

Cobraracer79

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, Magnetic, PP1, 401A, MR, VE, A10, shaker audio
Me too. I've tried several times. The only time they came out was when I had the hubs removed and the axles out and then when > dropped the cradle out.
I was able to remove the shock without removing the caliper and rotor, at least the left one, have not removed to the right side yet. still trying the best way to get the new shocks to fit. The lower mount on the Magnaride is wider. What has anyone else done to install them?

OP
OP
Robottrainer

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer
I was able to remove the shock without removing the caliper and rotor, at least the left one, have not removed to the right side yet. still trying the best way to get the new shocks to fit. The lower mount on the Magnaride is wider. What has anyone else done to install them?
I just did it. I had to remove the calipers only. Didn't have to remove the rotor or bracket. You have to tip the shock outward and reward. Around the 7 o'clock to 8 o'clock position. It's a diabolical opening in that control arm. Some mad man spent hours designing that hole.

Reactions: GTP

Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I just did it. I had to remove the calipers only. Didn't have to remove the rotor or bracket. You have to tip the shock outward and reward. Around the 7 o'clock to 8 o'clock position. It's a diabolical opening in that control arm. Some mad man spent hours designing that hole.
So, it was like I said. :wink:

OP
OP
Robottrainer

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer
Reactions: GTP
OP
OP
Robottrainer

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer
Pretty much. It's really the parking brake cable that's in the way
And the right side still has the intermittent "thud". So it's not the shock.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Any one ever have success removing the rear shocks from the lower control arms? I got them out when the cadle was out. Doing it in the car is a different story. I just can move them around enough to get them out. It's like a evil genius designed the opening.
Getting the Magnerides out of the top of the wishbone is bitch, because the housing around the bushing is about 2mm too wide to get it to pop out of the hole. It's just big enough that it tricks you into thinking you can do it.

Tuning on the opening with a die-grinder makes this job a lot faster. It's a completely unstressed chunk of aluminum in the way. Take a couple mm off and it's in/out easy on jack stands.

OP
OP
Robottrainer

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer
Getting the Magnerides out of the top of the wishbone is bitch, because the housing around the bushing is about 2mm too wide to get it to pop out of the hole. It's just big enough that it tricks you into thinking you can do it.

Tuning on the opening with a die-grinder makes this job a lot faster. It's a completely unstressed chunk of aluminum in the way. Take a couple mm off and it's in/out easy on jack stands.
I wonder how many hours that engineer sat in front of that tube designing that hole and what he or she did to prove it would come out after assembly?
Sponsored