Sponsored

Magnaflow X pipe

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
Our resonated X units have the deep signature Magnaflow sound which is probably closer to that of an H. We wouldn't imagine there would be much difference in your cars tone-just 15% or so quieter. If you have any questions we can answer, feel free to drop us a PM!
Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Our resonated X units have the deep signature Magnaflow sound which is probably closer to that of an H. We wouldn't imagine there would be much difference in your cars tone-just 15% or so quieter. If you have any questions we can answer, feel free to drop us a PM!
I just PM'ed you. I need to drop 5db before the race season and I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

Thanks in advance.

-Todd

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I just PM'ed you. I need to drop 5db before the race season and I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

Thanks in advance.

-Todd
I'd consider buying the Magnaflow 11386 muffler and have it welded in place of the H section. Only problem is it's 2.5" instead of your 3". The 3" one they have is the 12469 but the center spacing is pretty far apart and it'll quiet you down a lot more than 5 dB. The 11386 will take it down around 7-8 dB. I've had one on my car several times. Better than the stock resonator for sure.

A better overall option, IMO, is some bullet resonators behind your H crossover. They'll give you what you want on sound level. Vibrant makes some 3" ones that will work.

Example:

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I'd consider buying the Magnaflow 11386 muffler and have it welded in place of the H section. Only problem is it's 2.5" instead of your 3". The 3" one they have is the 12469 but the center spacing is pretty far apart and it'll quiet you down a lot more than 5 dB. The 11386 will take it down around 7-8 dB. I've had one on my car several times. Better than the stock resonator for sure.

A better overall option, IMO, is some bullet resonators behind your H crossover. They'll give you what you want on sound level. Vibrant makes some 3" ones that will work.

Example:
This is great info, thank you and happy holidays!
Sponsored