BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
This is great feedback, thank you!

I'm wondering if a resonated X pipe will get rid of all the snap, crackle and pop that I love with my current exhaust though. I noticed that [MENTION=22947]cmylxgo[/MENTION] sound clips still retained a little of that.
I can totally see how a design like this would decrease volume. Pictures are just for reference.
It definitely gets rid of some for sure. Mine compared to an Xtreme catback is notably quieter but also has less of the crackles and pops. It still has some though! Once it breaks in it gets more. It's highly dependent on the muffler too.
Sponsored

Monsoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
It definitely gets rid of some for sure. Mine compared to an Xtreme catback is notably quieter but also has less of the crackles and pops. It still has some though! Once it breaks in it gets more. It's highly dependent on the muffler too.
From the sound clips I've heard as well as my own personal experience I believe that the mufflers (or lack thereof) will have an effect. I have the Borla Ford Performance Touring mufflers. These should be fairly tame compared to some of the more aggressive style mufflers. With something like a Borla ATAK or the Corsa Extreme I would venture to guess that more of the rasp would make it through.

My exhaust sound is definitely more tame-sounding than some of the others that have implemented either this bolt-in resonated x-pipe or the weld-in version.

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Magnetic Automatic
This is great feedback, thank you!

I'm wondering if a resonated X pipe will get rid of all the snap, crackle and pop that I love with my current exhaust though. I noticed that [MENTION=22947]cmylxgo[/MENTION] sound clips still retained a little of that.
I can totally see how a design like this would decrease volume. Pictures are just for reference.
I still have the crackle and pop in my set up and glad its not gone. Going from a delete H-Pipe to this it knocked a lot of volume out of the exhaust. A tad too much for my liking and I'm considering moving to the louder Sport Mufflers from the Corsa Extreme setup to get some of the volume back. However, I really like the tone of the car now with this pipe and my neighbors no longer hate me.

-Cmy

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I still have the crackle and pop in my set up and glad its not gone. Going from a delete H-Pipe to this it knocked a lot of volume out of the exhaust. A tad too much for my liking and I'm considering moving to the louder Sport Mufflers from the Corsa Extreme setup to get some of the volume back. However, I really like the tone of the car now with this pipe and my neighbors no longer hate me.

-Cmy
Your neighbors won't hate you with the sport mufflers. Cold start isn't bad. I have them with mine. It sounds great but never too loud. The Xtreme is still about twice as loud (one of my coworkers has it so I get a regular comparison).

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Magnetic Automatic
Your neighbors won't hate you with the sport mufflers. Cold start isn't bad. I have them with mine. It sounds great but never too loud. The Xtreme is still about twice as loud (one of my coworkers has it so I get a regular comparison).
Does your co-worker have the Resonated X-Pipe too?

With access to such a direct comparison do you think the Touring Mufflers from the Sport Cat-Back (Quite ones) system with resonator delete is louder/quieter/same as the Sport Mufflers from the Extreme Cat-Back (Loud ones) and Tru-X Resonated X-Pipe combo?

Thanks

Sponsored

OrangCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Auto 3.55 - X pipe,Roush axleback
I dont know how to post vids but I have one with cold start with resonator delete and one with the magnaflow resonator x pipe. My main problem with the delete was the cold starts in the early mornings but other than that I liked the sound. with the magnaflow one the cold starts are perfect but the overall sound during driving is real mellow. Almost stock like from the interior. My wife wants me to put the delete back on.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Does your co-worker have the Resonated X-Pipe too?

With access to such a direct comparison do you think the Touring Mufflers from the Sport Cat-Back (Quite ones) system with resonator delete is louder/quieter/same as the Sport Mufflers from the Extreme Cat-Back (Loud ones) and Tru-X Resonated X-Pipe combo?

Thanks
He has the full Xtreme catback with the double X-pipe. I have the same mufflers (Sport axleback) with the resonated X-pipe.

I'm pretty sure the resonated X-pipe plus Sport axleback is within a dB of the Sport catback, possibly just a wee bit louder than. It's perfect volume.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Finally installed

I cut mine to be plug & play with my Borla x pipe and Borla mid muffler

My setup is Kooks long tubes into Kooks "green" cats into mid muffler into Borla mis pipes into Roush quad tip active exhaust

Cold start video with Borla mid muffler

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]iHt9KfGrsck[/MEDIA]"]

Cold start video with Magnaflow resonated X mid muffler

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]Na7gbL5RdqE[/MEDIA]"]

Last edited:

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
^^kinda hard to tell in the vids, but they sound kinda the same? i need to get mine put on, my catless kooks are driving me nuts with my 3" s-type
[MENTION=8761]Jmeo[/MENTION] are those ataks?

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
^^kinda hard to tell in the vids, but they sound kinda the same? i need to get mine put on, my catless kooks are driving me nuts with my 3" s-type
[MENTION=8761]Jmeo[/MENTION] are those ataks?
Videos suck to get true sound but to me the Magnaflow is a little louder both at start up and blipping the throttle, which is what I was looking for.

Roush quad tip "active" exhaust

For reference the Borla mid muffler has roughly 25,000 miles on it and the Magnaflow has zero.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
Videos suck to get true sound but to me the Magnaflow is a little louder both at start up and blipping the throttle, which is what I was looking for.
did the borla res quiet it down from the xpipe?

as for imbedding..drop the youtube.com and use [] i think..

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
did the borla res quiet it down from the xpipe?

as for imbedding..drop the youtube.com and use [] i think..
Yes, too much for my liking which is why I wanted to try this mid muffler. Its too loud with headers and X pipe but I wanted more volume than what Borla mid muffler gave me and I think this is the best case scenario for me.

OP
OP
CJ Pony Parts

CJ Pony Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
A large variety of Mustangs across all generations

Roush quad tip "active" exhaust

For reference the Borla mid muffler has roughly 25,000 miles on it and the Magnaflow has zero.
Thanks again for taking the chance on this Jamie and putting in the work to show people what is possible with this piece.

I think it sounds absolutely incredible buddy!

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks again for taking the chance on this Jamie and putting in the work to show people what is possible with this piece.

I think it sounds absolutely incredible buddy!
Thanks Dave, its a great option for us and I also think it sounds amazing :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.