Sponsored

Magnaflow or MRT exhaust for Mustang Ecoboost?

EvilPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang
Hi guys, I've been looking around for turbo back magnaflow exhaust system for my Mustang Ecoboost but I don't think Magnaflow has any turbo back system, they only have catback...
Seen few videos on youtube with the turbo back MRT system, they sound real good on the Ecoboost. So just wondering should I go with magnaflow catback system instead or go for MRT turbo back system? Everyone says magnaflow is one of the best but I don't know much about MRT tho.
Sponsored

2-STANG

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mystangmods.com.au
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang
Check out solo performance. I have their catback, but I know they sell turbo back.
In my opinon, the one of the best sounding exhaust for an ecoboost with no drone.
Sound is between magnaflow street and magnaflow competition.
If you want any more info, or some video's - send me a message :)

Datman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang ecoboost magnetic fastback
I ended up going with magnaflow street catback just before Xmas. turned out perfect for me nice growl when you give it some and you cannot hear it at all in the cabin. You can definitely feel it breathing better and won't get pulled up sounding like a hoon. (Made in USA a positive)
I have heard Kevin's solo and he is spot on. its Probably slightly louder, sounded great also.
Pick a couple you're happy with then maybe check out who's got the stock, not always easy to get your hands on them.

OP
OP
EvilPony

EvilPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang
So is there a magnaflow turbo back system at all? Still love the sound of turbo back exhaust tho. U can also hear the turbo better, but if no luck I may just get catback. What about MRT? Any ideas on those one?

OP
OP
EvilPony

EvilPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang
I ended up going with magnaflow street catback just before Xmas. turned out perfect for me nice growl when you give it some and you cannot hear it at all in the cabin. You can definitely feel it breathing better and won't get pulled up sounding like a hoon. (Made in USA a positive)
I have heard Kevin's solo and he is spot on. its Probably slightly louder, sounded great also.
Pick a couple you're happy with then maybe check out who's got the stock, not always easy to get your hands on them.
Where did u get urs done bud?

Sponsored

Datman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still hear the turbo on the MF catback fine. Can't comment on MRT.

Datman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had mine done locally in melbourne so no good to you..? Just ring your local exhaust shops, you're probably looking at around 2k just for the MF catback then a few hundred to install. Probably source it cheaper and haggle then take it to someone but don't waste your time. Ring around and be done by monday :)

boet

Just visiting this planet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Ecoboost
So is there a magnaflow turbo back system at all? Still love the sound of turbo back exhaust tho. U can also hear the turbo better, but if no luck I may just get catback. What about MRT? Any ideas on those one?
Wayne at Supercat Converters said that Magnaflow are working on a cat downpipe to match their exhaust. Dont know when it will be available. I have a Magnaflow street.

Cisco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tehanne
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue Ecoboost Fastback
Why not look at the COBB Turbo Back?

Sponsored

Cisco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tehanne
Vehicle(s)
Yep...we have it on ours. Sounds good. Let me see if i can find the video.....

Cisco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tehanne
Vehicle(s)
video didnt post....bear with me...

boet

Just visiting this planet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Ecoboost
Wayne at Supercat Converters said that Magnaflow are working on a cat downpipe to match their exhaust. Dont know when it will be available. I have a Magnaflow street.
Just got an email from Magnaflow in US. No catted downpipe in the near future... I will have to find something else.
Sponsored