Sponsored

MACh1 April 16th & 17th Track Attack Attendees !

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
Awesome experience! I went in 2021 right after getting my car. Had a blast with the two-day. Get the insurance and keep neutral throttle going over the painted stripes when you get to the oval / infield transition.

Johnny maverick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick xlt fx4 4k lux 89 cougar xr7 5spd 84
I would get the insurance for the piece of mind . You won't get that crazy that you'll need it. What I observed They kinda tell you they're teaching you about the car. Going through the gears, threshold braking, slalom, Yada yada. Show them what you got. Its an audition. What they are really doing is sizing you up and placing people with the same skills so you won't be holding up the pack. That's another thing keep the pack tight when your running. If you let the group get loose the instructor will slow down to tighen up the group. Don't be that guy. We had a fast group we kept it tight. If you have track experience tell the instructor. Oh don't be afraid of the painted line it doesn't bite.

OP
OP
TEAsGrabber

TEAsGrabber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Mach1
Going to be WAY different under the lights!!!!

Sponsored

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
I would get the insurance for the piece of mind . You won't get that crazy that you'll need it. What I observed They kinda tell you they're teaching you about the car. Going through the gears, threshold braking, slalom, Yada yada. Show them what you got. Its an audition. What they are really doing is sizing you up and placing people with the same skills so you won't be holding up the pack. That's another thing keep the pack tight when your running. If you let the group get loose the instructor will slow down to tighen up the group. Don't be that guy. We had a fast group we kept it tight. If you have track experience tell the instructor. Oh don't be afraid of the painted line it doesn't bite.
Don't be afraid, but be aware. It doesn't bite, but it might not hold if you're at the edge of grip! I put one of their cars into the wall in our last track session on the second day when I was just slightly on the throttle going across the painted lines and the Cup 2s didn't give any warning before letting go. I'd just had a discussion about that - tire squeal VS tire scream - two hours earlier.

Johnny maverick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick xlt fx4 4k lux 89 cougar xr7 5spd 84
Don't be afraid, but be aware. It doesn't bite, but it might not hold if you're at the edge of grip! I put one of their cars into the wall in our last track session on the second day when I was just slightly on the throttle going across the painted lines and the Cup 2s didn't give any warning before letting go. I'd just had a discussion about that - tire squeal VS tire scream - two hours earlier.
True. Cup 2s are like that. No warning. That sucks that happened to you. As long as you didn't get hurt. What car was it? I wonder if FRS reports to car fax.😀
Sponsored