svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
just curious if anyone has done other springs besides Steeda out there. I know Steeda has the dual rate version and the reviews are awesome but just curious. Or instead of BMR handling springs on all four corners, would handling rear and performance front be a decent option. also, how do the Steeda dual rate measure up against the FRPP?
Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
@svtfever if you don’t mind me adding onto your question, I’d like to know how Shelby gt350r and gt500 cftp springs factor in this conversation as well. I know their spring rates are firmer than the Mach 1 but I can’t find how they impact ride height or handling characteristics

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like Steeda FTW 🦗

crzystang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MATT
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT, 2021 MACH 1
@svtfever

I am loving the Steeda springs I put on!!! Just like you said you heard.

When it comes to mixing spring manufacturers I have never been a fan. If I had the ability to do all the R&D on my dampers with all options of spring then I would try mixing manufacturers.

The FRPP, from my research is very similar to what come on the HP car. This hints at firmer spring and “tuning” of the damper for the HP car.

BMR I cannot speak to as I looked but did not find something that said I had to have it.

Eibach were far too low for me.

As for the R and CFTP springs. I did find some threads and other sources that did use the R springs and even changed the R magneride control module into the vehicle. They seemed happy with results and I believe the lowering CG effect was there but minimal.
The CFTP springs, that’s an item of interest, someone has to know but that someone is not me.

Be sure to be real with yourself when you are setting up to do suspension work. Will you use the top spring and push it to the limits or would your driving skill use the spring design at all?

Thankfully we start with pretty solid setup as it is. I guess the best way to help is to ask what is it that you want the car to do 80% of the time you drive it? And once you find a solid answer build from there. There are many companies that make all around springs and do a great job. But our cars come with a pretty solid all around spring HP or not.
Just my 2 cents
Sponsored