Sponsored

M6G Youtube Video Thread!

Stuart0202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Loved the GT3RS video!
My dad bought the new 911 C4S a month or 2 after I picked up the Mustang. Was honestly never a fan of Porshes before, but he took me a spin in it and holy shit it's incredible!
It felt like we were on rails going round the corners!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Loved the GT3RS video!
My dad bought the new 911 C4S a month or 2 after I picked up the Mustang. Was honestly never a fan of Porshes before, but he took me a spin in it and holy shit it's incredible!
Yes I should of never driven that GT3 as I am now looking a 911's again lol. Mustang is great but those things just handle in another league.

Gonna wait though as I think the 991 will depreciate quite a bit unless everyone absolutely hates the new 991.2 with the 3.0 turbo engine, which does sound poo in comparison to the NA 3.8 flat 6.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Loved the GT3RS video!
Hi

I guess the Porsche will be leagues ahead handling wise but how does it compare when accelerating - noise/feeling etc?

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi

I guess the Porsche will be leagues ahead handling wise but how does it compare when accelerating - noise/feeling etc?
Acceleration is probably quicker to be honest, Porsche horses are always better than most other horses, do not ask me how or why, they just always outperform for the horsepower they have and Porsche are always super conservative.

Porsche rated my 911 as 4.6s to 60mph, I had it down to 3.9s on the Racelogic box. I think they rate the GT3 RS around 3.6s yet most reviews show it as 3s or less.

My guess is why they are so quick is down to mechanical traction, far fewer drivetrain losses (engine is directly over back wheels), they do not weigh a lot (1350-1450kg) and if the PDK gearbox makes them very quick also.

Even the new Boxster S PDK does 0-60mph in 4.5s and 100 in sub 10. :hail:

Acceleration past 130mph in a 911 is vastly quicker, I remember taking mine to 178mph and it pulled there with ease and that was an older manual one, they are super slippery at high speeds, very aero-dynamic whereas in comparison the Mustang is brick. :D

Sound wise, different, for me nothing really beats the noise of a flat 6 at full chat at high RPM inside the cabin, they sound epic, you can hear it on that video, though the GT3 does it more so as that noise starts at 7000rpm and the cooking models tend to only rev to 7500rpm, whereas GT3 is 9000rpm.

But on the outside and just idling around, nothing beats a V8, the Mustang always sounds good whether its sitting at traffic lights or driving flat out. A Porsche on the other hand though always makes an OK noise, they do not really shine until your ringing their neck or blipping on down shifts, not many cars make a nicer sound on a blipped downshift compared to a flat 6.

They are great cars, but brand new they do cost 100k+, are they worth it, yes they are if you get them, most people see them as glorified beetles, those who spec them right, drive them as intended realise how bloody epic they are, the traction will embarrass most other cars even on the RWD models, the 4WD ones are just insane.

I will probably head back to a 911 in 2-3 years, as great as the Mustang is and I love it to bits, nothing really drives better on the road than a 911 or Cayman, they are totally un-matched but I'd never buy one new as you loose thousands unless you can afford to buy the GT models, then you make thousands haha. :D

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You may remember the video from Evo showing the auto M2 thrashing the stick Mustang.

Well here is a video showing the stick M2 losing to the Focus RS and only doing a 13.4 second quarter mile - slower than Mustang generally records. Just shows how unfair the Evo video was. That's important to me as one I thing I want from a muscle car is to be quick in a straight line!!

[ame]

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You may remember the video from Evo showing the auto M2 thrashing the stick Mustang.

Well here is a video showing the stick M2 losing to the Focus RS and only doing a 13.4 second quarter mile - slower than Mustang generally records. Just shows how unfair the Evo video was. That's important to me as one I thing I want from a muscle car is to be quick in a straight line!!

A fairer test, manual VS manual.

If that was the DCT M2 then it would of won. Modern automatic makes a car much quicker and easier to launch, particular RWD cars.

If you want straight lines, always by the AUTO they launch way easier, yes a manual is faster but only if the driver perfects the launch and every gear change, which is hard to do in a Mustang. Though BMW, Porsche the automatics are now faster than they very best drivers in the manuals due to fancy launch control and silly fast gear changes.

When the 10-speed Mustang comes the mannual won't even be close in acceleration times as it is a much quicker box, though still maybe not quite on par with DCT and PDK.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've owned an auto 335i and was given a DCT E90 M3 while my stick shift E90 M3 was being serviced. Sorry but found the autos boring, sure they may have been quicker but the manuals felt faster and much more involving, especially on country lanes. I suppose it may be different if using the car every day in traffic etc. but I generally only drive at weekends and in the evening. Should have clarified my above post, needs to be fast in a straight line with a stick :)

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also hated the drone you seem to get from autos when upshifting. Prefer the kind of sound you get from the pause, before the engine roars again with a manual.

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
Also hated the drone you seem to get from autos when upshifting. Prefer the kind of sound you get from the pause, before the engine roars again with a manual.
Agree, down to the torque converter I guess - not an on/off switch like a good 'ol manual:headbang:

Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Talking about boring cars, got to test drive the 335d a few years ago now. For the money and bearing in mind it's supposed to be somewhat sporty car, the worst car I've ever driven. Being a diesel you had to chance gear every 2 seconds (so you just leave it in auto and no point in the paddles), the paddles had push/pull to change gear rather than right/left, it sounded like a Transit van, the run fat tyres were awful (felt like the tyres were filled with concrete) etc. Can honestly say that my first car (10 year old second hand Ford Orion) was more entertaining.

Best two cars ever had are the E36 M3 (well my Dad's but I use it quite a lot), E90 M3 and Focus ST225 (loved the look of it in blue).

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Talking about boring cars, got to test drive the 335d a few years ago now. For the money and bearing in mind it's supposed to be somewhat sporty car, the worst car I've ever driven. Being a diesel you had to chance gear every 2 seconds (so you just leave it in auto and no point in the paddles), the paddles had push/pull to change gear rather than right/left, it sounded like a Transit van, the run fat tyres were awful (felt like the tyres were filled with concrete) etc. Can honestly say that my first car (10 year old second hand Ford Orion) was more entertaining.

Best two cars ever had are the E36 M3 (well my Dad's but I use it quite a lot), E90 M3 and Focus ST225 (loved the look of it in blue).

Agreed on 335D, quick but damn boring, boring gear box, boring noise and just dull, probably handled better than a stock Mustang though lol but still oh so boring.

Handling wise nothing has compared to my E46 M3 but its far from standard and as far as standard cars goes the 911 was simply something of damn right amazing.

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bloody quick for a truck! :D

[ame]

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[ame]

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
Plenty of familiar faces on this one

These mustang crash videos have me wondering, wtf are people doing to make them lose control so easily? Seems they are prone to leaping sideways with little warning/provocation:eyebulge: As yet, I haven't launched mine properly off the line - don't want the first time I do to end up like one of these mushes:doh:
Sponsored