Sponsored

Lund Racing Flex Fuel Tunes now available!!!

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I didn't feel that much of a difference with the flex fuel tune, then when I figured out that it wouldn't pass an OBDII inspection (systems not ready) backed out the tune and have been running 93 tune since. My experience is anecdotal - never did a back to back on the track or dyno, so YMMV.
I don't think this is true. Email Lund - they'll send you a revision so it'll pass emissions. Dasan helped me pass mine.
Sponsored

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I don't think this is true. Email Lund - they'll send you a revision so it'll pass emissions. Dasan helped me pass mine.
Lund told me it would never pass an OBDII test, and that they never claimed it would. Maybe I'm wrong, and they've since figured it out.

Load up the torque app via cheapo OBDII dongle and go to the OBDII readiness page. If yours shows all green with the FF tune in place, I'd be very surprised.
DSCN2260.JPG

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Lund told me it would never pass an OBDII test, and that they never claimed it would. Maybe I'm wrong, and they've since figured it out.

Load up the torque app via cheapo OBDII dongle and go to the OBDII readiness page. If yours shows all green with the FF tune in place, I'd be very surprised.
It's possible Dasan just sent me a 93 tune which would pass. He didn't specify.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
It's possible Dasan just sent me a 93 tune which would pass. He didn't specify.
I had them send me a PMAS tune last year with the O2 sensors turned on so it would pass. I just flashed it back to stock and put the stock airbox back on for my inspection tomorrow. Don't have the Flex so can't comment on that one.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
My overall point is that don’t worry about getting a flex fuel tune because it won’t pass emissions. Lund will help you just as they did me.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

There's no reason the 02 sensor tests wouldn't pass unless you have aftermarket headers or cats. All they need to do it turn them back on since they turn them off from the get go for some bizzaro reason.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
cheapo OBDII dongle
Any recommendations as to which one to get? Nothing expensive. I just failed my NY inspection because i had three that said "Not Ready". Probably because i just replaced my battery, or didn't give it enough time after flashing back to the stock tune. Either way i'm not going to take it back in until i can see that it'll pass. Cannot believe a new(er) car cannot pass an inpection because of BS laws. So pissed right now...

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
Depends on the state. Not all states require all OBD parameters to be ready. NC doesn’t.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Depends on the state. Not all states require all OBD parameters to be ready. NC doesn’t.
It's NY....plan on getting out in 4 years when house is paid off but not sure i can wait that long.

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Maybe your county doesn't, but mine does require it (in fact that's just about all they check):
https://www.ncdot.gov/dmv/vehicle/registration/inspection/counties.html

@Sighlense - as long as you have an android phone, you can get one of the $7 elm327 ones off fleabay like this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ELM327-HH-...roid-Torque-Auto-Diagnostic-Tool/132576682830

If you've got an iphone, then you'll have a bit of a tougher time. Supposedly wifi dongles will work, but I've never witnessed it.
Something like this maybe:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C3HAHCS

Here's a pic of the one I got. Sub $10 on ebay probably 4 years ago and still works like a champ.
Resized_20180414_161905_3694.jpeg

Sponsored

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ELM327-HH-V2-1-Bluetooth-Car-OBD2-Scanner-Android-Torque-Auto-Diagnostic-Tool/132576682830[/URL]
Android all the way brother. Thanks for the help. I'll be able to pull up the screen on my phone like your post above (#1907) that will tell me if everything is ready or not?

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Android all the way brother. Thanks for the help. I'll be able to pull up the screen on my phone like your post above (#1907) that will tell me if everything is ready or not?
Yep - highly recommend the "Torque" app. Even the free version is fantastic at pulling codes, etc. :headbang:

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Yep - highly recommend the "Torque" app. Even the free version is fantastic at pulling codes, etc. :headbang:
Ordered. Just put the PMAS CAI back in and flashed the tune - night and freaking day. NIGHT AND DAY! Will never go back to stock. :headbang:

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP

Load up the torque app via cheapo OBDII dongle and go to the OBDII readiness page.
Can't figure out how to get this page pulled up. Is it only with the paid version of Torque?

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Can't figure out how to get this page pulled up. Is it only with the paid version of Torque?
Go to the "real time information" page... then swipe left twice.
Sponsored