Sponsored

Redmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
How do you guys drive the car while it is learning? It seems that I need to either idle or drive and shift at 4500 rpm to get it to learn close to the actual alcohol content. If I drive and shift under 2500 rpm it learns closer to 20%.
Sponsored

OP
OP
LG23

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
How do you guys drive the car while it is learning? It seems that I need to either idle or drive and shift at 4500 rpm to get it to learn close to the actual alcohol content. If I drive and shift under 2500 rpm it learns closer to 20%.
I was told by Greg@Lund that you can either idle for 5 mins and do some 2500 rpm holds or you can just drive around part throttle for about 10-15 mins and it will learn.

Once Jon Jr fixed my MAF curve it learned to 9.8% on 93 after using the idle/RPM hold method. The next time I filled up, I tried the other method and just drove normally for 10-15 mins and it still learned at 9.8%.

Redmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Thanks again for the info, sounds like some additional tweaking is in order.

Tele5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015, PP, GT
Not to hijack but....I can only find the Alch% when I select OBDII in the model selection of the NGauge but then I have very limited options to monitor and none of which contain KnockR or Lambda or anything. If I want to monitor KnockR and everything on the car I have to select 2015 Mustang GT but THEN, there is no signal for Alch%????

What am I doing wrong?

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
There is several to choose from, I always select the generic PID one that has the most options, some are duplicates. You know the one that says use this as a last resort? haha

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I just asked too for a resolution. I had put my stock tubing back on and all my issues went away so it is related to my "CAI".

Redmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I just asked too for a resolution. I had put my stock tubing back on and all my issues went away so it is related to my "CAI".
They may have needed to fine tune the maf scaling for your cai. Even though I had the airaid no tune required. The maf scaling still needed adjustment for it to read properly. If it wasn't for this thread I would not have thought to get this corrected.

OP
OP
LG23

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
Not to hijack but....I can only find the Alch% when I select OBDII in the model selection of the NGauge but then I have very limited options to monitor and none of which contain KnockR or Lambda or anything. If I want to monitor KnockR and everything on the car I have to select 2015 Mustang GT but THEN, there is no signal for Alch%????

What am I doing wrong?
I was monitoring all of those at the same time. If I remember correctly, under the Guages option select "read vehicle" and I believe it should be labeled "Ford vehicle 2008 and newer". This should make all of the signals available when you are setting up the gauges view. There are a few views for where you can view 1, 4, 6 or other variations of signals.

Last edited:

GDP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Base Deep Impact
I was monitoring all of those at the same time. If I remember correctly, under the Guages option select "read vehicle" and I believe it should be labeled "Ford vehicle 2008 and newer". This should make all of the signals available when you are setting up the gauges view. There are a few views for where you can view 1, 4, 6 or other variations of signals.
Just got my lund tune and nguage today and learned this the hard way lol. Yes you will need to select 2008 and newer fords. Basically back out to main menu then select gauges then I think it will ask you if you want to wipe select check. Then select 2008 and newer fords.
Sponsored