LTH Install Too Loud

rcwilli7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I did things backwards and just installed Stainless Power long tube headers with high flow cats after being boosted for about two months and now the sound is crazy for my car. I have Roush Axle backs and a X Pipe and the rasp/tone is INSANE at WOT or anything above 3k RPM. I’m looking to tone down the sound/rasp at the higher RPMs but I’m not sure what to do.

I have read that resonators will help but honestly I wouldn’t mind getting a new axle back because I’m not a fan of the Roush look and the way it sits in the rear valence. It’s on me for buying a known raspy axle back but now I need suggestions on a new axle back.

I also do not plan on installing a H Pipe unless absolutely necessary. Thanks!
Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
OP
OP
rcwilli7

rcwilli7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

Whitewalkers550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt premium, 1973 mustang conv.
i hear a lot of good things about awe touring to tone it down but still sound good or corsa sports

Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
i hear a lot of good things about awe touring to tone it down but still sound good or corsa sports
I have the Borla Touring. It was the ONLY exhaust I knew would work for me. I run Kooks catless w/LT's. I can be as quiet as I want, but it still opens up with perfect authority when I want it to.

ToughSpecs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Edge
I’ve got the Corsa Sport and zero issues with the issues you’re describing. I switched from a Magnaflow Street which had similar issues you’re speaking of.

OP
OP
rcwilli7

rcwilli7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I have the Borla Touring. It was the ONLY exhaust I knew would work for me. I run Kooks catless w/LT's. I can be as quiet as I want, but it still opens up with perfect authority when I want it to.
Man they are not cheap either but I guess you get what you pay for. Never should have went boosted 😂

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
Ford performance by borla resonated X pipe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
RR 17 GT MT82 & Brown 16 F350 Lariat Dually
I had the same problem with raspy sound. Got rid of the X Pipe and the track muffler setup and went to MBRP touring setup with H pipe, much quieter, no raspiness, more of a deep rumble yet plenty loud when you get on it, but I am not running headers, just stock manifolds and cats. MBRP setup was comparatively cheap being less than a thousand for the catback system.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Not to pound on the OP but WHAT did he expect, modes?
Boosted
LTH
Suitcase delet,
X pipe
Roush Axle backs.

What can I say, got what he paid for, sometimes dreams and reality clash, and reality always wins?

As to Roush Axle backs are loud, and not fitting" the way it sits in the rear valence."

I will address both, Roush has IMNSHOP the best angry, crisp, aggressive pitch out here.

I have low rumble in the 34, roll cam, stroker V8, that's what I think the Mustangers are shooting for .... never happening.

5.0 coyote is a different animal, sound and pitch reflect that. Something to be celebrated :champagne:

Next, the way it sits in the rear valence, please point out what you dislike

DSC_0039.JPG

I am inclined to believe your dislike is with the installer and not ROUSH.

Enjoy your hotrod build sounds tuff, more than enough power for the street and car show (car shows whoopie) scene.

Last edited:

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Ford performance by borla resonated X pipe
This. It should help tremendously with rasp and somewhat with volume. If you like the tone of the car currently, this would be the way to keep that but at the same time quiet it down and reduce the raspiness.

OP
OP
rcwilli7

rcwilli7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I had the same problem with raspy sound. Got rid of the X Pipe and the track muffler setup and went to MBRP touring setup with H pipe, much quieter, no raspiness, more of a deep rumble yet plenty loud when you get on it, but I am not running headers, just stock manifolds and cats. MBRP setup was comparatively cheap being less than a thousand for the catback system.
Where did you get the touring from? I only see the MBRP Street with H Pipe for 2018+

OP
OP
rcwilli7

rcwilli7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Not to pound on the OP but WHAT did he expect, modes?
Boosted
LTH
Suitcase delet,
X pipe
Roush Axle backs.

What can I say, got what he paid for, sometimes dreams and reality clash, and reality always wins?

As to Roush Axle backs are loud, and not fitting" the way it sits in the rear valence."

I will address both, Roush has IMNSHOP the best angry, aggressive pitch out here.

I have low rumble in the 34, roll cam, stroker V8, that's what I think the Mustangers are shooting for .... never happening.

5.0 coyote is a different animal, sound and pitch reflect that. Something to be celebrated :champagne:

Next, the way it sits in the rear valence, please point out what you dislike

DSC_0039.JPG

I am inclined to believe your dislike is with the installer and not ROUSH.

Enjoy your hotrod build sounds tuff, more than enough power for the street and car show (car shows whoopie) scene.
I was fully expecting this but had (some) hope it wouldn’t be too crazy. Honestly the install is probably what is was more than the exhaust because it sits lower from the rear valance than yours. Loved the sound prior to LTH but damn it’s too much now.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I was fully expecting this but had (some) hope it wouldn’t be too crazy. Honestly the install is probably what is was more than the exhaust because it sits lower from the rear valance than yours. Loved the sound prior to LTH but damn it’s too much now.

Hear ya,
Sponsored