can2.3T

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Can
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Hello everyone,

I recently received a recall notice in the mail for my 2021 Ecoboost Premium regarding the Low Pressure Fuel LINE (not sensor). The Low Pressure Fuel SENSOR has always been a very well known point of failure on the Ecoboost model, ranging all the way from pre facelift all the way up until 2023 as far as I know, but after all this time, apparently there's potentially something wrong with the line as well?. For years, most responsible and informed Ecoboost owners have simply been purchasing Ford's "updated" LPF sensor and DIY swapping them out to avoid inevitable premature failure, however, now it seems the sensor isn't the only issue.

I have two questions for you all regarding this recall.

1. Do you guys think they're just going to replace the line, or also address the sensor issue as well? Otherwise I feel like the problematic OEM Low Pressure Fuel sensor will just result in whatever recall they're doing for fuel line to be rendered completely useless when the sensor inevitable fails (unless the owner already replaced it with the updated one)
2. Did any GT guys get this recall as well?

They didn't explicitly state in the recall notice that they would be replacing/addressing the LPF sensor as well, which leads me to assume that they won't do it, but it feels almost useless to replace JUST the line if the sensor is going to eventually shit the bed down the line as well.

Feel free to educate me, as well as let me know what you guys think.
Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Why not call your dealer and ask what the recall includes? They should know exactly what is to be done. If it does you're good. If not you could ask them to do it while they're there or plan to do it yourself.
FWIW I have not received any notice for my '18 premium EB convertible
Also, you wouldn't happen to have the part number for the updated sensor, would you?