Sponsored

Lowering my Convertible GT--Trim Bump Stops?

TCZGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT Convertible
I am getting ready to lower my '16 GT Convertible with the Eibach Pro-Kit springs. I am just wondering if I should trim the Bump Stops?
I know I will get a bit more of a drop because of the extra weight of the convertible and wonder if this will result in me riding on the Bump Stops?

Thanks for any info.

Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
I am getting ready to lower my '16 GT Convertible with the Eibach Pro-Kit springs. I am just wondering if I should trim the Bump Stops?
I know I will get a bit more of a drop because of the extra weight of the convertible and wonder if this will result in me riding on the Bump Stops?

Thanks for any info.

You'll have to trim the bumpstops when lowerering, regardless of convertible or not. I don't think you'll need to trim more than the usual, these springs are stiff as hell and won't give you a significant additional lowering because of the convertible.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks for any info.

Eibach includes trimmed bump stops with the Pro-Kit. That said, it wouldn't hurt to trim them, as they do ride on them quite frequently in normal driving.

OP
OP
TCZGT

TCZGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Appreciate the replies. Thank you.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Use the bumpstops Eibach gave you.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TCZGT

TCZGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes. Sorry, I wasn't really clear. I was wondering if people recommended trimming the BumpStops that Eibach provides. When I lowered my SRTJeep on Eibachs it was the norm to trim the Eibach Stops before installing so I was wondering if the same advice applied with the Mustang .... Sounds like it wouldn't hurt.
Cheers.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Yes. Sorry, I wasn't really clear. I was wondering if people recommended trimming the BumpStops that Eibach provides. When I lowered my SRTJeep on Eibachs it was the norm to trim the Eibach Stops before installing so I was wondering if the same advice applied with the Mustang .... Sounds like it wouldn't hurt.
Cheers.
I would have to say no because I would assume Eibach wouldn't provide new bumpstops with their kit if it was the wrong height. If you're not sure I'd call Eibach. You want the bumpstops to be right- seems like a minor detail but it's important I think.
Sponsored