Low beams stay on 24/7 with “automatic headlights” mode selected

KingMatt24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
When I’m driving, my low beams are on 24/7 along with the DRL’s no matter time of day it is. I want just the DRL’s on so my car can look normal like pretty much every other 18+ Mustang I see on the road. My question is toggling off “daytime lights” in this menu fix this and still turn on automatically when it’s dark out?
IMG_9270.jpeg
Sponsored

Farkel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Premium PP1, 2012 Jeep JK, 2022 Harley 48
Try it and see. "Daytime lights" (DRLs) are the headlights. What you're calling DRLs are the tri-bar lights which will stay on regardless of the headlight setting.

OP
OP
KingMatt24

KingMatt24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Yeah, I thought the tri bar’s were the drls. At least that’s how it was in my Lexus then the low beams would automatically come on based on the light level of outside. I’ll test it tomorrow. Pretty much every 18+ I see has just the tri bars on during the day
Try it and see. "Daytime lights" (DRLs) are the headlights. What you're calling DRLs are the tri-bar lights which will stay on regardless of the headlight setting.

Sponsored

black22gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trigger
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt
Should do what you want. I have that unchecked so my low beams are not on all the time. I keep lights on auto and everything works as i expect it to. I wish i could turn off the tri-bar lights as easily. If you can do that with Forscan, then that will happen at warranty's end.

Twi5ter.0range

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
by toggling off daytime lights, your low beams won’t be on during day time and “auto” light setting will work normally
Sponsored