Low and linear...

Vader Master

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
LJ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I'm looking for linear spring that can also get me low... Any ideas?
Sponsored

abuch91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Steeda Ultralites, BMR Performance

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
[MENTION=10893]David@Steeda[/MENTION]Steeda Ultralites. David will hook you up with the best pricing.

Sponsored

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
I'm looking for linear spring that can also get me low... Any ideas?
pm'd!

[MENTION=19842]abuch91[/MENTION] [MENTION=15735]rabbit_eater[/MENTION] [MENTION=10530]MustangCollector[/MENTION] [MENTION=7398]Todd15Fastback[/MENTION] thanks guys! :cheers:

OP
OP

Vader Master

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
LJ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
The problem is that I am on the fence as to what I want... I love the look of the sportlines, but I built race cars for years and live near VIR. I will do some track days and club days there and if I go that low, I will sacrifice a good chunk of the performance I want. I come from an autocross and road course background along with a bit of engineering school so I understand the effects of going that low and the changes in the suspension geometry. I just love the look of the s550 when it's low. My new edge was setup as a road course car, but my s197 is an auto, so it's more show and less go... The 2016 S550 that I am picking up in 1.5 hrs is not an auto and will be used for daily driving and some light course work, so please help any way you can.

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
The problem is that I am on the fence as to what I want... I love the look of the sportlines, but I built race cars for years and live near VIR. I will do some track days and club days there and if I go that low, I will sacrifice a good chunk of the performance I want. I come from an autocross and road course background along with a bit of engineering school so I understand the effects of going that low and the changes in the suspension geometry. I just love the look of the s550 when it's low. My new edge was setup as a road course car, but my s197 is an auto, so it's more show and less go... The 2016 S550 that I am picking up in 1.5 hrs is not an auto and will be used for daily driving and some light course work, so please help any way you can.
We've done several track days with our Ultralite linears and they performed wonderfully. It provides the lowest stance out of the springs we offer, although we did not notice any performance detriment due to it (also, no rubbing whatsoever). We also offer a Sport linear option, which also provides a 20% increase in spring rate over the PP springs and only lowers the car 1" all around.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
I would not spend money on the Eibach stuff, just my .02. No offense tot he Eibach owners :D. I think Steeda puts in a ton more engineering and testing vs. other vendors outside of BMR.

They have outstanding QC and are an ISO shop. That makes a big difference in my mind.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Our springs are a mild drop, so I would look elsewhere.

Enjoy!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Vader Master

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
LJ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I'm not an Eibach guy, that's why I said I like the look, but want more. I will end up with Steeda, they seem like good guys. Never used their stuff before, so I look forward to it.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I have experience with both the Sportlines and Ultralites, as I'm currently running Sportlines after previously using the Ultralites. While I liked the ride and feel of the Ultralites, they didn't offer the drop I was looking for, and the fitment in the front wasn't as good as OEM or the Eibachs. The drop on the Ultralites still looked a little too high in the front, IMO. For me, the drop with the Sportlines is perfect (there's also no rubbing on the stock PP wheels and tires). I was a little hesitant to go with a progressive spring at first, but I've been 100% satisfied with the Sportlines. I have tracked the car at Roebling Road, and I will be tracking this spring at Atlanta Motorsports Park, and the car felt very composed and predictable (only other suspension mods are BMR sway bars). Just my two cents. Good luck with whatever you choose!

Red2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You could go with Roush coilovers. I didn't buy the highest end ones just the L2's and they are hight adjustable. you could adjust them lower than stock for your street days and bump them back to stock hight (1 inch rear 1.5 inch front) for your track days and get that 1.03G cornering.

just throwing out other options. all suggestions in this post are good ideas I guess it just depends on what your looking to spend.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
I am running Steeda progressives which have the same exact drop as their Ultra-lites. Here is a picture with 20" wheels running 285/25 and 305/35 tires. This gives you a good idea on the ride height.

I am heading back to Steeda in a few weeks to get their Ultra-lites installed to replace my progressives as I want a firmer ride :).
12400689_10201281694000338_1365638675337049575_n.jpg
12507194_10201281694400348_8549136490012340400_n.jpg

abuch91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Hey bud, I have a friend with a 2015 GT PP and he runs at VIR a few times a year..He is on Ultralites and HIGHLY recommends them for track use.

Here are some pics of his drop
https://drive.google.com/a/teamaol.com/folderview?id=0B0RWAYyzQNN5aUNyVmZyOWxYdGs&usp=sharing#
Sponsored