Sponsored

Loud Tires on V6 Mustang

GchildT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
I've had my base V6 for about a year now; 14,000 miles. I have the Goodyear F1 Asymmetric All-season tires on 18" wheels. These tires have gotten very loud. The whirring noise has gotten annoying. The only way to drown it out is to let the windows down and blast the radio. What recourse do I have? Do I just buy new tires. Any better options out there. They are very good on wear. I believe they're just a hard compound rubber. Kinda sucks
Sponsored

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
I've had my base V6 for about a year now; 14,000 miles. I have the Goodyear F1 Asymmetric All-season tires on 18" wheels. These tires have gotten very loud. The whirring noise has gotten annoying. The only way to drown it out is to let the windows down and blast the radio. What recourse do I have? Do I just buy new tires. Any better options out there. They are very good on wear. I believe they're just a hard compound rubber. Kinda sucks
just smoke them off and get new ones :clap2:

seriously though, are they worn even? how long has it been since an alignment? proper pressure in the tires? I don't have experience with these in particular but I would imagine its uneven wear.

OP
OP

GchildT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
just smoke them off and get new ones :clap2:

seriously though, are they worn even? how long has it been since an alignment? proper pressure in the tires? I don't have experience with these in particular but I would imagine its uneven wear.
Had the tires rotated and realigned at Ford about 5k miles ago. Service manager told me "Yeah, that common with these because of the wheel camber. Just keep letting us rotate them." Doesn't seem right to me though; this isn't my first car. I have some knowledge of these things...

lowatts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Had the tires rotated and realigned at Ford about 5k miles ago. Service manager told me "Yeah, that common with these because of the wheel camber. Just keep letting us rotate them." Doesn't seem right to me though; this isn't my first car. I have some knowledge of these things...
I'm skeptical about the service manager's explanation too. My sister had this same issue on a RAV4, I think with under 15K on the tires and she drives it easy. No abnormal wear pattern on the tires, I think they were Bridgestone Duellers but not sure, and the tire shop where she bought them gave the same reason as yours. I've went a lot longer on numerous brands of tires without rotating and never had any issues. In fact the reason I mostly stopped rotation is the first time I had it done my car didn't feel right afterwards. I did have regular rotations on my last couple of sets of tires just because they were free and to avoid warranty issues.

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
I've had these tires on my 2011 V6 for 2 summers / 23,800 miles, same 235/50-18 size. I rotate regularly and they are wearing great (75-80% tread left) and no noise.

Prior to these, I had the factory Pirelli P Zero Nero A/S and also rotated regularly. They were great at first, but they got noisy and wore quicker than I'd expect and had about 55% tread left at the same miles as the Goodyear's and only 40-45% tread depth left after 33,200 miles. Ran them one more summer and was on the wear bars on 2 of them after only 45,300 miles.

Not an apples-to-apples comparison as far as cars go (both the F & R suspensions are completely different), but just to say you are probably better off than if you would have gotten the Pirelli's that normally come on these same wheels on GT's.

Doug

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
They get load as they wear out the air passes through the reead causing that.

Alternative change tires brotha
Sponsored