Sponsored

Loss of power

shadowx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt premium 2019
I Got 50k miles fbo(CAI,headers) with 10 speed and it had a good power in the past a few years when going againt same performance cars. Until testing it againt another 10 speed but a STOCK one, and they either beat me or we line.

Also, Sometimes, I see the rpm dancing a little with a change in the exhaust tone in the idle. I've been chasing the problem with no luck. Changed plugs, O2 sensors. Still nothing. It isn't showing codes either. Only seen P0422(Invalid Data Received From Body Control Module)

If anyone got a similar problem, please let me know what to do.
Sponsored

loucas-2021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Louis
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP Grabber Yellow
When you're idling, does you AFR go up and down? Does it feel like it might stall?

OP
OP

shadowx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt premium 2019
Now 93 tune, yeah afr plays when the rpm dancing, I feel it could stall. However, when it was in e85 tune, I get the same symptoms and sometimes car stalls. Also, I have the closed steeda intake with the insert out, but was good the past year.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Lots of times the idle problem is caused by VVT solenoids.

Lack of power could also be this. If you can log, log cam desired VS cam actual.

Heavier weight oils help this too, especially if you are in a hot climate.

OP
OP

shadowx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt premium 2019
Lots of times the idle problem is caused by VVT solenoids.

Lack of power could also be this. If you can log, log cam desired VS cam actual.

Heavier weight oils help this too, especially if you are in a hot climate.
Gonna read about that. Thx

Always running 5w30 full synthetic.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
One reason Ford speced 5w-50 for the race cars is valve control at high RPM.

OP
OP

shadowx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt premium 2019
Could VVT be bad without showing codes at all?

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Mine does feel kike it'll stall but deformed feels sluggish and stuttery low down rev range. I used forscan to pull the codes which turned out to be vct code p0024, changed the vct same issue so it's cam phaser replacement time. For sure record the cam timing while on a drive, desired versus actual and see if any difference esp between the two banks. Good luck

edited for shocking typing on my phone - my car does not feel like it will stall but definitely feels sluggish at low revs, just pootling about at low revs through town as you pull away from stop lights etc. Cold starts slightly higher revs on start up / idle a bit longer to come down to under 1k. When warmed up full send it mode changing up near the red line feels fine, no stutter / or fuff after gear change

Last edited:

CrackedHorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Mustang GT/CS; 15 Mustang GT
Mine started acting similar after my lund tune. But I also did the 18 manifold at the same time. (Not placing blame)

Mine won't stall, but will hunt at idle just a little bit. No vacuum leaks that i can see and it is a really minor fluctuation with no codes.

I am in the process of installing a new timing set so we will see if that changes anything.

I guess I should do the solenoids while I'm in there.

OP
OP

shadowx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt premium 2019
Mine does feel kike it'll stall but deformed feels sluggish and stuttery low down rev range. I used forscan to pull the codes which turned out to be vct code p0024, changed the vct same issue so it's cam phaser replacement time. For sure record the cam timing while on a drive, desired versus actual and see if any difference esp between the two banks. Good luck
Thank you

Sponsored
OP
OP

shadowx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt premium 2019
Mine started acting similar after my lund tune. But I also did the 18 manifold at the same time. (Not placing blame)

Mine won't stall, but will hunt at idle just a little bit. No vacuum leaks that i can see and it is a really minor fluctuation with no codes.

I am in the process of installing a new timing set so we will see if that changes anything.

I guess I should do the solenoids while I'm in there.
Mine started suddenly but thought it was normal until it happens everyday

CrackedHorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Mustang GT/CS; 15 Mustang GT

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Yes.

I've also had this happen from a bad tune flash. If you haven't already, try reflashing the tune. Nothing to lose.

loucas-2021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Louis
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP Grabber Yellow
Now 93 tune, yeah afr plays when the rpm dancing, I feel it could stall. However, when it was in e85 tune, I get the same symptoms and sometimes car stalls. Also, I have the closed steeda intake with the insert out, but was good the past year.
FWIW, I had the same problem (AFR up and down and feeling like it would stall) a few months ago. I re-flashed my performance tune and the problem has gone away. I can't say definitively that the reflash is what fixed it though. I have the Ford Performance CAI installed.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
gen3 cars are known for having weird idle characteristics. According to Lund its something in the Ford calibration that causes the phasers to go to 0 randomly.
Sponsored