Sponsored

Livernois stock vs. dyno tune only (UPDATE: Milan Dragway run)

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
BS on the stock output
Sponsored

OP
OP
Todd15Fastback

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
The car was an auto. I was just a messenger and shared the graph and post from another site, don't shoot me :)

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
100 HP software tune?

The car was an auto. I was just a messenger and shared the graph and post from another site, don't shoot me :)
:hail:Nobody is doing that. If a tuner brings in numbers, there are always questions. New exhaust 40HP! Really? New software tune 90HP! Really? If I write down the stock numbers and take the lowest once, take the peak on the tune I "could" get, yes there are maybe 40HP I can really get. There are numbers out for the Focus ST and with a software tune we never get 90 HP extra. I mean the 5.0 owners would be shocked and I couldn't still believe it. So I like to see if the company gives a warranty on the extra 90 HP with a software tune. I don't think so. Sorry! I have to see it first. :hail:

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Looking at other Dyno tests, the HP should be around 275 - 280 and not 233. I do not believe this numbers. Something doesn't seem right. I checked on the COBB post. It shows only 253 HP. So it looks like the EB engines are far out of specs. 233/253/275 instead of 310 claimed by FORD.:shrug:
310 is bhp. 233/253/275 is whp. Automakers always report bhp.

86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Glad I'm not the only one who thought the stock numbers were way too low. Seems like they ran it on 87 in an auto and then tuned with 93. I don't know why tuners do that. It's so transparent.

Sponsored

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Looking at other Dyno tests, the HP should be around 275 - 280 and not 233. I do not believe this numbers. Something doesn't seem right. I checked on the COBB post. It shows only 253 HP. So it looks like the EB engines are far out of specs. 233/253/275 instead of 310 claimed by FORD.:shrug:
No they are not out of spec. Dynos measure wheel horse power, ford is advertising the crank horsepower.

The cobb number is from a mustang dyno. They read significantly lower than dynojets. I would expect the 253whp given the dynojet numbers are around 275whp

The 233whp for a dynojet is very low. And those gains seem a little too high. I suspect something went wrong on the baseline run.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Yeah ok.

The take-away of this test for me is the before and after, not the initial number. Same car, same fuel, same dyno and I'm guessing similar conditions. It's impressive for sure. I'm wonder how far this power plant can go?
If the baseline is incorrect the gains are irrelevant. Not saying this is the case, but something does not seem right.

This dynojet baseline is way lower than any other dynojet baselines we've seen thus far. Even much lower than the mustang dyno baseline by cobb. The Tuned number is about the same as the others we've seen, so something doesn't seem to be adding up here.

Sardeanie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT500
If the baseline is incorrect the gains are irrelevant. Not saying this is the case, but something does not seem right.

This dynojet baseline is way lower than any other dynojet baselines we've seen thus far. Even much lower than the mustang dyno baseline by cobb. The Tuned number is about the same as the others we've seen, so something doesn't seem to be adding up here.
Well, let's just see how this shakes out. I'm sure a trip to the strip is coming. You all know who Livernois is right? I don't thInk they need to pad the numbers.

Sponsored

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Well, let's just see how this shakes out. I'm sure a trip to the strip is coming. You all know who Livernois is right? I don't thInk they need to pad the numbers.
I'm sure the tuned number is pretty accurate/realistic and the traps will reflect that. Peak numbers are similar to what other tuners have posted.

It is just the baseline is soooo much lower than any other dynojet numbers we've seen, that it seems very unlikely the number is accurate. Or as mentioned by others that is an 87 octane baseline.

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
I'll drink the Kool-Aid whether it's spiked or not. Keep the tunes coming people.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
We definitely wanted to take the time to explain some things on this baseline dyno.

First and foremost. The baseline dyno is 100% accurate, and definitely not sandbagged. We have plenty of runs far, far lower than this number. Now, there are some points on it that we should clarify.

#1, this was done, quite literally, within minutes of buying the car. It had approximately 19 miles on it the minute it hit the dyno.

#2, this is with the 87 octane, since that is what the dealer filled it with before we took delivery.

Now, moving on to other areas. If we take a 2005 mustang, rated at 300hp, and on our dyno it makes around 220-245 rwhp. Now yes, the EB does make more power, but between being new, along with having 87 in it, combined with a slightly higher power consumption from the IRS, it easily falls into what we feel will be the normal window of stock power levels.

Our Dynojet has always been known as a heart breaker, consistantly showing less RWHP than almost every local mustang dyno. And, while this car might be new, we hear this on almost every new platform we test. But, our ending numbers are typically just as conservative. I recall one customer that has us build a head/cam/TVS car in mid winter, dyno'd his car in Phoenix in over 100* heat and make more power SAE than our dyno showed in STD. Of course, this is just one example, but it's a common occurance, customers calling to let us know that their local dyno read higher than what we told them with our package. It's rather rare you hear that being the situation with builds.

Now, with some more miles on it and 93, we are sure the car would lay down a better number, but honestly, not 40-50hp more. But our report was one of facts. We baselined the car exactly as it was delivered to us, and exactly how everyone's will be delivered to them.

Now for something completely different, that should definitely stir up some discussions...

We wanted to give you guys some more EcoBoost mustang goodies to feast upon. Here is the latest development from the dyno:

We are still working on finalizing our tune offering, but we definitely wanted to show you guys what this platform is capable of making with just a tune. Now, we are still validating the durability at this power level, and our final tune might scale it back if we feel there are any durability trade offs, but this is an amazing jump from what we saw before. Just take a look at all of that torque!

Keep an eye out for us testing this further, and hitting up the track soon for some 1/4 mile results as well!

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
So you're saying traction may be come an issue at 3K RPM. Curious, you guys still using factory intercooler? Are you able to manage mixture temperature or does that pull out a lot of power? Basically is getting the heat out the biggest issue with this engine?

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT, 2015 Black Eco
Great results with tuning the ecoboost Livernois. Are you guys going to have tunes for a cai and aftermarktet turboback exhaust?
Sponsored