Sponsored

Livernois stock vs. dyno tune only (UPDATE: Milan Dragway run)

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
UPDATE 10/30/14:

Well, it's the item people wanted to know most about our car. What did it do at the track? Well, check it out for yourself! :rolling:

[ame]

20141125_093648.jpg

This was done with full weight, right off the road, on an open test and tune night, and, wait for it..... on 20" wheels and tires!

Not too shabby for a tune only! That's right, tune only!

So for those of you begging to know what our tune can do, we answered your plea :burnout:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10/19/14

Here is the graph from Livernois and their info. ONLY A TUNE!!!!

Stock, as you see reported here, was an impressive, but not earth shattering 233hp/261tq. Considering the car was brand new, and an auto, definitely respectable.

Fast forward to today, and we have achieved 322hp/328tq!

Thats a peak vs. peak gain of 89hp, and 67tq!

While that is impressive, the real story here are the actual peak gains which were 122hp/111tq, and as you can see the power band is extended out much further, extending the usable range and eliminating the "out of steam" feeling the car had at high RPM when stock.

Just think, we aren't even done yet, so keep an eye out for our finished product!
image.jpg
Livernois dyno graph.jpg
Sponsored

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Wow. I live not even 5 minutes from livernois. I'll be coming by there in the spring after some other installs.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Todd15Fastback

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

Sardeanie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT500
Stock pull seems low for 310bhp rating. Can you post the SAE graph?
Yeah ok.

The take-away of this test for me is the before and after, not the initial number. Same car, same fuel, same dyno and I'm guessing similar conditions. It's impressive for sure. I'm wonder how far this power plant can go?

Dirtleg

BoostCreep
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
15' EB Prem PP, 07' GT (track Car), 01' RC51, 16" S1000XR
These are the reasons I've been in line for an EB since day one. While I would love a GT, I have more interest in the 4 cylinder. Must be a throwback to my turbocoupe days.
Excellent results. But as others have said seems a little low on the stock pulls so I'm having a hard time buying the peak gains.
Regardless of any of that it's impossible to not be impressed with the gain up top. Really like what I'm seeing there. Thanks for sharing.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Yep it's a turbo car.

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
"That's a peak vs. peak gain of 89hp, and 67tq!"

Nice! When will it be available and does it come with a warranty?

Sponsored

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Looking at other Dyno tests, the HP should be around 275 - 280 and not 233. I do not believe this numbers. Something doesn't seem right. I checked on the COBB post. It shows only 253 HP. So it looks like the EB engines are far out of specs. 233/253/275 instead of 310 claimed by FORD.:shrug:

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
I don't believe there is that large of a gain with the EB. Don't take that as me saying I don't believe the tune's peak numbers, which would be incorrect. I believe the tunes numbers. The Stock numbers seem very off, that's 25% drivetrain loss. Which there is no way the loss is that much. Those Stock numbers represent the dyno being done on 87. It has been reported that the EB loses a lot of power when run on 87. With 87 about 275bhp would be bout right with those dyno numbers. A little more than 15% DT loss. However I think the graph is still very impressive. The top end is improved a lot and no longer looks like it falls flat on it's face after 5k. 6k rpms is much better. This car will feel loads better with this tune. What is the boost level?

Swoope

Zoom-Freakin'-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
15 GTI PP / 04 Rx8 track car
Here is the graph from Livernois and their info. ONLY A TUNE!!!!

Stock, as you see reported here, was an impressive, but not earth shattering 233hp/261tq. Considering the car was brand new, and an auto, definitely respectable.
load of crap.

that is way lower than anyone else has dynoed the car.. most have been in the 275 range.

so i call crap, or something was wrong.

beers

minicobra

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thebandpetroleum.com
First Name
Braden
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT/PP
25% drive train loss on stock :shrug: