Sponsored

Limp Mode & RTD Device Questions

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
This morning while driving to the gym my car (2019 GT NA) went into limp mode. I was not driving it hard and when the “see manual” message and wrench popped up I was not even going 5mph.

I have a six speed and was in neutral coasting down an on ramp and put it in first gear to start speeding up and it started sputtering like crazy and then went into limp mode.

Thanks to Houston traffic moving at a crawl I was able to get off the highway safely. When trying to find a safe spot to park the car still sputtered on upshifts and downshifts.

My buddy mentioned it could be a Throttle Body issue and I agree based on how it was acting after reading up on it. I started the car when the tow truck got there and the wrench was gone.

I am not tuned yet and had longtubes installed last weekend. I have downloaded my stock file and sent it to Lund and I just have to data log and send that in before they send my flex tune.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Also - I figured that I’d use the HPT RTD device to check codes but I’ll be damned if I can get it to work. Does anyone know if you have to buy the VCM scanner separately from HPT?
Sponsored

WCRookie99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2010 Porsche Carrera S, 2022 LH5
Happened once to me, it was bad gas. Code was P0618 alternative fuel module fault.

However, since you just put on the Headers something there is reasonable to assume. My Code flashed up on my dash. I turned the car off, waited 2 minutes and it was all good. (lucky only put in 1/2 a tank of crap gas)

Last edited:

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Check the connections on the throttle body. Vcm scanner is a free download on hptuners site

OP
OP
Ghost50

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Happened once to me, it was bad gas. Code was P0618 alternative fuel module fault.

However, since you just put on the Headers something there is reasonable to assume. My Code flashed up on my dash. I turned the car off, waited 2 minutes and it was all good. (lucky only put in 1/2 a tank of crap gas)
Thank you for the info!

I thought it originally was o2 sensor related since I'd just put the headers and then thought about bad gas, but I'd driven long enough that morning since my fill up (30 miles) that I figured if it was bad gas it would've hit me sooner.

I did go by AutoZone to check codes and nothing was pulled so it leads me to believe its the TB. Hopefully that fixes it when I replace it otherwise I'll be down the rabbit hole chasing things.

OP
OP
Ghost50

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Check the connections on the throttle body. Vcm scanner is a free download on hptuners site
Ok will do, thanks. I appreciate it. I'm thinking its TB related for sure since I didn't have any codes pop up.

I'll also look deeper at the HPT site tonight. I have the scanner downloaded, or so I thought, but the one that comes up for me didn't show the option to read the car.
Sponsored