Lexus RC F

17MagMetal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT, 07 Ford Taurus SE, 95 F250 Xlt
That was a 4.6 though wasn't it? By that logic then ford made a 4.6 before then too which is the predecessor to the 5.0 .... Hmmm makes sense huh?
No, the ISF Lexus from 06 onward equipped with a 2UR was a 5.0 lol.

Or a 4.969L…
Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
The LC is more refined, but the RCF is still pretty tame among its competition which is why it's historically sold so poorly. Same goes for the IS500 that I'm most heavily considering. It's a 9 out of 10 engine for a small 4 door sedan, but it's saddled to a 7 out of 10 transmission and a 6 out of 10 chassis.
That's an excellent summary of the Lexus models I've owned, except the engine is rated too high.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
That's an excellent summary of the Lexus models I've owned, except the engine is rated too high.
That's fair. I was using my ratings for it's competition which are purely subjective and based heavily on sound more than actual performance. Compared to the RCF/IS500 F Sport Performance, none of the competitors from Cadillac, Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Etc... sound anywhere near as good as the naturally aspirated V8 to me.

The engine in your M40i is probably a better performing engine, but I just prefer the 2UR sound and can sacrifice some performance for the sound.

17MagMetal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
That's fair. I was using my ratings for it's competition which are purely subjective and based heavily on sound more than actual performance. Compared to the RCF/IS500 F Sport Performance, none of the competitors from Cadillac, Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Etc... sound anywhere near as good as the naturally aspirated V8 to me.

The engine in your M40i is probably a better performing engine, but I just prefer the 2UR sound and can sacrifice some performance for the sound.
As a man in my mid 20s I have a strong desire for a pushrod V8 that I can throw an obnoxious cam at. Loud motors, harsh suspension, and cabin noise scratch something in my brain that some of the more luxurious options don’t.

Can’t give up the 5.0 though, I’ve just installed the PP3 and the top end is pretty comical now.

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
Now I know why I like the Lexus 5.0 V8s so much, Yamaha cylinder heads. Brings me back to my dirt bike days and the 73 Yamaha SC 500 MX I still own that has one of if not the highest top speed from the factory of any MX 2 stroke dirt bike ever made to this day. I was clocked by Cocoa Beach, FL police on radar on the beach early on a Sunday morning at 105 mph flat out with factory sprockets and gearing. 4th gear 80 mph wheelies for as far as you choose to ride them were always a blast. It would throw a 7ft high rooster tail 100 feet behind it in any gear as well.

The good ole days.

BD

Last edited:

Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
As a man in my mid 20s I have a strong desire for a pushrod V8 that I can throw an obnoxious cam at. Loud motors, harsh suspension, and cabin noise scratch something in my brain that some of the more luxurious options don’t.

Can’t give up the 5.0 though, I’ve just installed the PP3 and the top end is pretty comical now.
Well my love for the 2UR is as a side piece to the Voodoo. Nothing about the IS500, LCF, GSF, or RCF would be enough to be a one stop shop vehicle for me. But for a leather loaded daily with a nice V8 noise when pulling away from lights, I think they make a great option when paired with their legendary Lexus reliability.

17MagMetal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Well my love for the 2UR is as a side piece to the Voodoo. Nothing about the IS500, LCF, GSF, or RCF would be enough to be a one stop shop vehicle for me. But for a leather loaded daily with a nice V8 noise when pulling away from lights, I think they make a great option when paired with their legendary Lexus reliability.
No arguing there from me, I’ve hammered on all of the above except the GSF at one of the Lexus “driving experience” marketing events they hold around.

Awesome rides for sure, would make a perfectly comfortable daily. Just not in my financial cards/personal interest this instant is all.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
No. 100% no.

It was a 5.0 with 11.8:1 compression. Always has been since 2007. Again. Literally copied from your own post.

And even if your factually incorrect post had somehow been correct and they had made a 4.6 L version of the 2UR then it would have still been the same architecture in the same way the 5.0 L Coyote is still a Coyote even though they later released a 5.2 L option in the GT350, GT500, and as a crate engine.
😎

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i

I am hearing impaired, so I don't judge engine performance based on sound. I can hear sounds with my hearing aids, but it's not the same and rarely pleasant.

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
I am hearing impaired, so I don't judge engine performance based on sound. I can hear sounds with my hearing aids, but it's not the same and rarely pleasant.
I am as well, have tinnitus so think about hearing fingernails screeching along a chalkboard all the time. Still love the sound of a screaming V8 for sure.

To many years around loud bikes, cars and air tools in an auto shop.

BD
Sponsored