Sponsored

Let's Talk GT350R Splitters - Genuine Ford FR3Z-17D957-AC? KOHR GT4 Style? Anderson CF? CF Clone? Replica OE is junk.

Buexdreux

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
After having my friend at Ford lookup his cost on an OEM R splitter, which was $1375, I decided to go with the $640 ebay special, and I couldn’t be happier. As the OP mentioned, the plastic seems more pourus and ever so slightly different from the original, and acts as a fingerprint magnet. I overcame this by adding 2 coats of Si02 spray (ceramic coat,) which made the splitter appear darker and less prone to show fingerprints or scratches.

The fit was perfect, except I had to trim each of the 4 tabs that hold threaded metal clips. The tabs were just a bit too long. A Dremel tool and two minutes later, the metal clips fit just fine.

All in all, I think I made the right choice for my application.

@honeybadger , I would have gone with your suggestion and used plywood, but with lumber prices through the roof, I think carbon fiber might actually be cheaper than plywood at the moment.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164853530757. (Looks like the price just went up)

D28AA820-9D52-4B1D-8558-9F13B52F7563.jpeg

3DAF97F5-FD12-427C-8781-1E8CD63DF02A.jpeg

127BFC97-9D56-439C-A18A-AF11311598A4.jpeg
How has the splitter held up and how has the SiO2 spray worked out?
Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
How has the splitter held up and how has the SiO2 spray worked out?
It was holding up perfectly... until I recently went agro at the track, ripping the belly pan off which took 1/3 of the splitter with it. My replacement ebay R splitter is sitting in the garage now waiting to be installed to the new belly pan.

The splitters look the same, so do yourself the favor and save your cash on that piece of sacrificial plastic :)

The spray works great!

Buexdreux

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
It was holding up perfectly... until I recently went agro at the track, ripping the belly pan off which took 1/3 of the splitter with it. My replacement ebay R splitter is sitting in the garage now waiting to be installed to the new belly pan.

The splitters look the same, so do yourself the favor and save your cash on that piece of sacrificial plastic :)

The spray works great!
I was hoping you’d say that. Lol. I ripped part of my splitter yesterday when a freakin’ car battery slid across the road into my car. I ordered one from pureoutdoorllc on eBay and it’ll be at my door on Saturday. It was $727 with shipping and taxes; much better than $1300+!

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
I was hoping you’d say that. Lol. I ripped part of my splitter yesterday when a freakin’ car battery slid across the road into my car. I ordered one from pureoutdoorllc on eBay and it’ll be at my door on Saturday. It was $727 with shipping and taxes; much better than $1300+!
Ohhhhhh, thats a wild way to lose a splitter!

Mine came from the same seller. California to the midwest in 3 days... not bad for such a big piece.

If you find the plastic looking slightly pale (which my first did, but not this one), just hit it with a few coats of SIO2 spray or a traditional ceramic coating. Problem solved.

38E28963-0DF1-4D44-A47D-F420D19BA337.jpeg

Buexdreux

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350

Mine came from the same seller. California to the midwest in 3 days... not bad for such a big piece.

If you find the plastic looking slightly pale (which my first did, but not this one), just hit it with a few coats of SIO2 spray or a traditional ceramic coating. Problem solved.

674963C6-6D22-4CA4-9724-687F4F69BB14.jpeg

A58CD826-DF75-4A03-8F1E-3D7089541B65.jpeg

Sponsored

Wildwildwest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350

Did the eBay special come with hardware and the 2 plastic round plugs for 2 of the screw holes (Illustrated here)?
IMG_3746.png

Wildwildwest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Received “eBay special” yesterday and installed this morning. Took about 3 hours total time to remove 3 piece and install 1 piece R splitter.

Couple of items:
1) only 12 large screws and 10 small screws were included with splitter
2) had to reuse all metal clips and half moon plastic clips from original splitter/belly pan.
3)had to Dremel the 4 metal clip holders, as was stated earlier in thread, so clips would fit properly… took 2 min to performs straight clean cut.
4) everything else lined up like OEM
5) finish matches although there are a few vey thin “smudges or scuff lines” where the mat finish is shiny. Noticeable unmounted, but curiously very difficult to spot on car in most light/angles. may try some ceramic spray to see if they go away if it catches my eye enough.
6) I have a significant driveway curb and the R splitter seems to have the same clearance a std GT350 one…no scraping.

overall I would be completely happy with purchase if the finish was perfect…I mean it was $700 bucks. Even the way it is, I’m good and glad I did it over other options. Will be adding acrylic letters (think Im going to go gloss black to match the stripe edge pinstripes…understated vs white or blue) over weekend and will provide pics of completed project.

Last edited:

Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Received “eBay special” yesterday and installed this morning. Took about 3 hours total time to remove 3 piece and install 1 piece R splitter.

Couple of items:
1) only 12 large screws and 10 small screws were included with splitter
2) had to reuse all metal clips and half moon plastic clips from original splitter/belly pan.
3)had to Drexel the 4 metal clip holders, as was stated earlier in thread, so clips would fit properly… took 2 min to performs straight clean cut.
4) everything else lined up a d for like OEM
5) finish matches although there are a few vey thin “smudges or scuff lines” where the mat finish is shiny. Noticeable unmounted, but curiously very difficult to spot on car in most light/angles. may try some ceramic spray to see if they go away if it catches my eye enough.
6) I have a significant driveway curb and the R splitter seems to have the same clearance a std GT350 one…no scraping.

overall I would be completely happy with purchase if the finish was perfect…I mean it was $700 bucks. Even the way it is, I’m good and glad I did it over other options. Will be adding acrylic letters (think Im going to go gloss black to match the stripe edge pinstripes…understated vs white or blue) over weekend and will provide pics of completed project.
It’s amazing how much better the car looks with the R splitter, Congrats! A few coats of ceramic spray will take it from matte to satin. Highly recommend.

Wildwildwest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
What brand of ceramic spray…like turtle way or meguires stuff or something else? Thanks in advance.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
What brand of ceramic spray…like turtle way or meguires stuff or something else? Thanks in advance.
I use a product called reload, but any SiO2 (ceramic) spray will work. More than likely anything labeled as ceramic spray that you could buy at the auto parts store will suffice. Just make sure whatever product you buy doesn’t contain any wax.

Apparently they’re on reload 2.0 now. I need to hurry up and use up my stock so I can try the new stuff: https://www.autogeek.net/carpro-rel...aVb-S_BsyQ3Idjk_Wc_dyO91t9CqTatBoC6XsQAvD_BwE

Wildwildwest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350

COBRAFREAK1996

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Looks like it's gone unless the link is weird. Not found when I click on it.
Sponsored