Sponsored

LED Switchback for the EU Mustang - Yes it's real! (and almost plug'n'play)

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
I have to say, I like how they look but not 100% satisfied with the end result.

I really would prefer that the ENTIRE bar light up with a switchback bulb. When the switchbacks are on without the parking light, you'll clearly notice this little square that is OFF ! :tsk:

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)

I really would prefer that the ENTIRE bar light up with a switchback bulb. When the switchbacks are on without the parking light, you'll clearly notice this little square that is OFF ! :tsk:
You have two solution, one easy and one hard:

Easy:
remove the parking lights bulb and cover that part with 100% black vinyl

Hard:
try to find T10 bulb with switchbacks, but I really doubt they will have the same timing

Oh and a third solution
Hardest:
open the housing and remove some plastic so the switchback will shine from the stock parking lights spot too :D

Sponsored

Warrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wim
Vehicle(s)
ford mustang ecoboost
I also have a last one but sadly can't speak about it here ...

But it'll be almost the same as your third solution but 1000% better :D
Now I'm curious :D

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)

However the little square off when the switchback on is a problem specifically present in your setup, because you connect the 'white' side of switchback to drl instead of parking lights. So you have the white switchback always on, even with parking lights off.

Regular setup would be to connect it to parking lights, so the little square is always on when switchback is on :)

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
Now I'm curious :D
Haha :D

To resume, cut open the light, remove the plastic between parking/turn light, installation of high powered White LED stripes for DRL/Parking use, installation of high powererd Amber LED stripes with sequential for turn.

Or installation of switchbacks stripes inside the light.

That's all what I can say about that :cheers:

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Haha :D

To resume, cut open the light, remove the plastic between parking/turn light, installation of high powered White LED stripes for DRL/Parking use, installation of high powererd Amber LED stripes with sequential for turn.

Or installation of switchbacks stripes inside the light.

That's all what I can say about that :cheers:
...seems easy :headbonk:

Sponsored

yellowpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shane
Vehicle(s)
2016 manual triple yellow with gt stripes
Hey Papi,

To keep the one straight white line on bumper did you tap the switchback wires with DRL and Parking light or not. If I tap my switch back wire with DRL I only get one side of the light and little square missing. Please help

Cheers
Shane

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Shane,
I connected the white led wire to the '+ parking light' wire (the little square) so the switchback white side will be on when the parking light is on.

In stock configuration, DRL (the stock drl, those one inside the fog lights) are on only when all other lights are off. When you turn the lights switch to parking lights or to full headlights, stock drl goes off.

Or at least this is the behaviour for EU Mustangs - US model has different behaviour so don't know if AU is different too.

yellowpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shane
Vehicle(s)
2016 manual triple yellow with gt stripes
Shane,
I connected the white led wire to the '+ parking light' wire (the little square) so the switchback white side will be on when the parking light is on.

In stock configuration, DRL (the stock drl, those one inside the fog lights) are on only when all other lights are off. When you turn the lights switch to parking lights or to full headlights, stock drl goes off.

Or at least this is the behaviour for EU Mustangs - US model has different behaviour so don't know if AU is different too.

Au stang have exactly the same behaviour as EU but when I saw ur daytime video it was showing parking(Little square) plus drl(switchback) and drl in the headlight. so in daytime your car doesn't have that full white bar only drl in the headlight rite

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
correct! I wired my modded tribar drl to stay on when car is running (like US model) instead to stay on only when all other lights are off (like EU stock model).
In daytime parking lights stay off so switchbacks stay off too. I always keep lights switch on Auto so when the car decide that it's time to switch on parking lights, they come on both with switchbacks :)

But as I understand you probably want to use switchbacks as drl (running lights on during daytime)? To have this you should make different connections: you should CUT the parking light + wire and wire this and switchback white + wire both to a switched +12v power, like the window wipers motor.
Sponsored