Sponsored

LE 50th - Absent Modules

Madlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
I decided to pull up one of my LE's behind-the-scenes build inventory including the specific ECM, BCM and other systems and software loaded into the car at the time of construction.

I wasn't surprised to see the inventory reference certain systems to indicate their absence like the Adaptive Cruise Control Module and Parking Aid Module which some bean counter or group thereof inexplicably decided these manifestations of Mustang which are meant to commemorate its iconic existence somehow would be better-off without.

The inventory also lists two other omitted modules. One is an Audio Control module which I presume belongs to a different audio configuration than the 12-speaker Shaker unit with Navigation. But I can't make sense of the final module and what it might be meant for - including whether it's meant for future model variants whose features don't yet appear in the four trims available so far.

It's called a Front Display Interface Module. Since the car already has MyFordTouch navigation and the digital center cluster/track apps, I have to believe it's for something different - like perhaps an all-glass cockpit or maybe even HUD. The reference number for the module is 7A5 and the abbreviator is FCDIM.

Does anyone with any technical insight into S550 have any sense of what option this module is intended to support - be it a different trim configuration of the current car or a new or different future feature?
Sponsored

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
Well the ACC has a HUD display.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Any pics of what that HUD looks like?

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
On BAP it shows red bars that grow based upon distance to object. Can tell you for sure in two weeks!
Sponsored