Latest Sync 3 Map Update

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I suspect that is the latest version of the maps for that version of Sync. You can't run newer maps with older versions of Sync
Sponsored

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
I suspect that is the latest version of the maps for that version of Sync. You can't run newer maps with older versions of Sync
But we're talking about two MY19 cars with Sync 3.3 (and 3.3 seems to be the latest version anyone has)

Garvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red Mustang GT
Following the frustration of the inability of the Ford web site to provide an extractable download file it finally came up with the goods and a different file was made available against my VIN. Downloaded, extracted and loaded into the car as it should do and the Sync 3 was duly updated to v3.0 as expected (MY17). Yay!

The log file created on the USB stick was uploaded to Ford and their web site duly confirmed the Sync3 software is up to date. It also confirmed that a maps update is available - all well and good so far. However, the file it makes available when trying to download the maps update is the original 2.6Gb Sync3 update file and not a maps update file. Grrrrr!

What now?

Damo66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Updated mine yesterday and took about 20 mins with no issues.
IMG_2682.jpg

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
Updated mine yesterday and took about 20 mins with no issues.
IMG_2682.jpg
Out of interest, what map version does it say you have? (And does the Ford web-site say you have new maps available or not?)

Sponsored

Damo66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Out of interest, what map version does it say you have? (And does the Ford web-site say you have new maps available or not?)
Its says i have version F7 and the Ford website said i have the latest version.

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
Seems like we're all in the same boat! Wonder if there's anyone out there who's actually got the mythical Europe F8 maps?

s1ms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Seems like we're all in the same boat! Wonder if there's anyone out there who's actually got the mythical Europe F8 maps?
I have a MY17 with SYNC 3.0 and F8 maps.

Sponsored

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
OK, I'm bored and I've got too much time on my hands... (AKA looking for distractions from real work)

I downloaded my Sync 3.3 update from the Ford UK site a few weeks ago and installed it in my car at the weekend. The version info from the download was:

; SYNC3 Dealer Assembly Upgrade - Release 3.3.16 - Only for Nav/EU assemblies.
[SYNCGen3.0_3.3.18351]

The Ford UK site says I'm up-to-date on Sync and Maps. However, going to the Ford Germany or France sites still says my Maps are up-to-date...but that there's a Sync update available! When I downloaded it, the version info was:

; SYNC3 Dealer Assembly Upgrade - Release 3.3.19 - Only for Nav/EU assemblies.
[SYNCGen3.0_3.3.19052]

In other words, it's the version that others with MY19 cars have installed (and downloaded from Ford UK).

I'll try installing the newer revision tomorrow. Probably won't make any difference, but it passes the time!

Drcooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Dec 2016, file name is Map_25013789187_Update weighing in at 23.2GB (25,017,607,943 bytes).