Sponsored

Latest Sync 3 Map Update

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I eventually managed to download the F8 map update, it was 2.75Gb. It appeared to update successfully. It generated another xml file which I uploaded to Ford to confirm. Now whenever I go to the Sync update site and put in my VIN, I get presented with a map update that is 0MB in size, and if I try to update with it, I just get an error message on the Sync screen.

Also occasionally on start up, I will get the ‘system is updating, blessed leave the USB flash drive plugged in and engine on etc...’. This happens when nothing is even plugged in to the USB port.

Other than that, everything works fine.
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Maps are about 24Gb. Roughly 2 x 40 minutes for the update

There have been issues with the update site for some VIN's not being offered the right download.

OP
OP
inky5.0

inky5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 5.0GT Fastback
Has anyone else experienced an issue with ipod connectivity? Since the last Sync 3 update at Christmas my ipod touch plays ok for a while - with full on screen menu functions - but after a while I can’t change Artist etc... The menus seem to jump about and I can’t select any function. This is when it’s connected to either USB port. After a time I can select the home button.
Seems strange that it initially works, then plays up.
Any ideas??

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I've struggled with the iPod Touch on 3 different Sync 3 systems and gave up in the end. Stick all your music on a USB drive - works far more reliably

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Has anyone else experienced an issue with ipod connectivity? Since the last Sync 3 update at Christmas my ipod touch plays ok for a while - with full on screen menu functions - but after a while I can’t change Artist etc... The menus seem to jump about and I can’t select any function. This is when it’s connected to either USB port. After a time I can select the home button.
Any ideas??
My IPhone starts to play music then stops and can’t be restarted, have only tried it in the usb in centre console, works perfectly if Blue-toothed though

Sponsored

miketango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
My IPhone starts to play music then stops and can’t be restarted, have only tried it in the usb in centre console, works perfectly if Blue-toothed though
Are you using Apple CarPlay ?

I’ve been connecting my iPhone X through the USB under the toggle switches and using Car Play with podcasts & Spotify and its been working flawlessly.

I wasn’t able to download the latest map update today as the website refused to play nicely.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Are you using Apple CarPlay ?

I’ve been connecting my iPhone X through the USB under the toggle switches and using Car Play with podcasts & Spotify and its been working flawlessly.

I wasn’t able to download the latest map update today as the website refused to play nicely.
No mate, I use the one in the centre console, will try the other one

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
Here we go again. So 3.3 was successfully downloaded although the dealer had to upload to Etis. This was at least a month ago. It was showing updated but the map said check back later. Tonight it says a sync update required, 2.8 gb.... managed to download it, updated the car, got the confirmation (although it seems to be 3.3 again). When I check the website , it says updated and a map available to download .... guess what...... 0 mb :headbang::headbang::headbang:

20 minutes later, it is now saying the 2.8gb sync download is ready

Last edited:

JohnnyMiller

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Shadow Edition
Any ideas??
Yeah, whenever you go into a playlist and try and scroll down, when you stop scrolling it jumps back to the top. I gave up in the end and just use bluetooth. it didn't do this on the previous firmware. I also tried Tidal via mobile apps and the app on the phone kept crashing so I gave up with that as well. Far cry from my Merc which works perfectly. Apple Carplay seems to work fine in the mustang, but I don't really like CarPlay for some reason I can't quite put my finger on.

macek25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 2017
Hi to all.
EU car with sync3 build ver. 3.0 and map F4. So basicly stock form factory.Ive checked on ford website.. with vin. No upgrades for my sync3 just for map. Downloaded with no problem. 25 GB around. I put unziped file to memory stick 64GB. One folder nad 2 as in pictures described before.
I put stick to Centre usb below AC controls and says... system upgading..... and still doing it. There is no info or acept ... so just I should wait ? It will automatically to higher version of build then instal new maps from f4 to f8?

Sponsored

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
Mine is now saying sync up to date and no map available, go figure. Come on Ford it can’t be too difficult to sort out the software updates

miketango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Updated my Sync today, took around 18 minutes again. Website now saying my maps are up to date. View attachment 355714
IMG_2454.JPG

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
Updated my Sync today, took around 18 minutes again. Website now saying my maps are up to date. View attachment 355714
IMG_2454.JPG
Out of interest, what map version are you on? I updated my Sync today (went to 3.3.18351_PRODUCT) and it's also saying my maps are up to date...although according to "About Sync" I'm on F7 maps when F8 is supposedly the latest...

miketango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Out of interest, what map version are you on? I updated my Sync today (went to 3.3.18351_PRODUCT) and it's also saying my maps are up to date...although according to "About Sync" I'm on F7 maps when F8 is supposedly the latest...
Looks like you've update the Sync to the previous from latest version. My maps are on F7 but, like you, the website tells me that I'm on the latest map version. I'm not too concerned with this as I use Waze via CarPlay. I am however keen to keep the Sync updated though as this may affect CarPlay stability (not that I've had a problem).

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
Looks like you've update the Sync to the previous from latest version. My maps are on F7 but, like you, the website tells me that I'm on the latest map version. I'm not too concerned with this as I use Waze via CarPlay. I am however keen to keep the Sync updated though as this may affect CarPlay stability (not that I've had a problem).
I think the "minor" version number depends on individual cars - mine was on 3.2.xxxx before the update, on 3.3.xxxx after the update. I did find a few comments on other Ford forums that it can take days for the Sync update site to decide you can have new maps...so could be a waiting game.
Sponsored