later RHD oil coolers

crowman350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 s550 55 edition
Hi all read so much about the oil cooler issues with the early 2015/2017 RHD Mustangs ...But not so much about the later ones 2020 on is there still a problem or did Ford sort it..or should I be doing it as a mater of course
Sponsored

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
It only affected the 2016 and 2107 models, I don't think we had any 2015 registered Mustangs due to the delayed launch in the UK. From what I've seen the faulty oil coolers have all since failed and been replaced under warranty. Ford knew of the issue but didn't issue a recall. The replacement part has the same part number but they've obviously changed something in it as it hasn't been an issue since.

OP
OP

crowman350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 s550 55 edition
I had read that somewhere in the uk where a 2018 had failed,,,and being as I am about to collect my 2020 I need to be as certain as I can be that ford solved this issue

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I had read that somewhere in the uk where a 2018 had failed,,,and being as I am about to collect my 2020 I need to be as certain as I can be that ford solved this issue
You won't find one, Ford didn't even admit the problem existed.

Mine failed, Ford replaced it and then later on I fitted a front mounted oil cooler. It's not difficult or expensive to fix but it's messy and time consuming, especially if the oil and coolant mix.

The oil cooler isn't even in a place you can easily get to or visually inspect. It's accessed either from behind the wheel or up through the splash panel.

OP
OP

crowman350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 s550 55 edition
You won't find one, Ford didn't even admit the problem existed.

Mine failed, Ford replaced it and then later on I fitted a front mounted oil cooler. It's not difficult or expensive to fix but it's messy and time consuming, especially if the oil and coolant mix.

The oil cooler isn't even in a place you can easily get to or visually inspect. It's accessed either from behind the wheel or up through the splash panel.
cheers just had hope the later ones got sorted

Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
I’ve had three facelift V8 Mustangs and never had a problem, you’ll only read about the broken ones on the internet.
this is very true re only hearing about the broken ones though by default anyone else posting hasn't had the issue. I've heard of facelift models having the same issue but it's not common at all, just expensive if it happens to go pop.
Sponsored