Sponsored

Last year for V8 2024 (and Mach-E discussion) via Ford Performance conference call

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 17 Fusion Sport, 21 GT500 CFTP
I had hoped to get a "Last of the V8s" model just to be a contrarian but I won't buy anything new from Ford for as long as this stupidity persists.
Yeah, unfortunately, not sure what I would replace my fusion sport with and
Fords overall reliability on the 6 new Fords (2 mustangs) I've bought since 14 has not been all that great.

The Mustang name thing and the demise of a V-8 could be the final straw that pushes me
to some other brand. .
Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
6) Spring 2020 will introduce the new Mustang.
If this was written by someone who was actually invited to such a conversation isn't it at least a weird way of describing what every enthusiast knows to be a facelift at best?

Apart from the fact that any Ford manager who would give out such sensitive info on future product development would be fired on the spot.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Your guess is as good as mine. It’s about as fluid as it gets, still at the project board stages. Least that what I’ve gathered. That’s why the next gen was pushed back. Don’t want to launch a mustang because it’s been x long with current gen. I mean, the current platform is being staged so it might outrun the run of Fox Body Generations. And with that Ford is happy. They keep making minor tweaks over the years to fix last years bugs. What’s fluid and coming under heavy discussions is possible new transmission and drive trains options. Pair this with evolution of government standards and what the government is isn’t regulated. People are Leary to put their eggs in one basket. If things are still loose, you’ll see less. If things get tighter a hybrid will be implemented. They’re making the Mustang Evolve to fit more than just 1 niche of people.
The fact that we haven't seen any mules or prototypes on the road or heard a damn thing about the next gen collaborates your statements....

I'm guessing that latest timeline was correct. MY 23 to get new sheet metal with a next gen coming in MY 25. Lines up well with the OP stating 2024 last V8. I'm calling it now, next gen in MY25 is Mach E based all electric, possibly coupe if we are lucky....

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I'll just highlight this again as it's probably the most up to date piece of information we have regarding the next-gen Mustang. The (very) recent UAW contract highlighted an "all new Mustang" to be built at Flat Rock as part of $250m investment in the plant. This contract is good for 4 years, so this would mean we see an all new Mustang by '24MY at the latest.

Also, Mach E won't be built at Flat Rock, it's being built in Mexico, which leads me to believe S650 will NOT be Mach E based but will either be "all new" (CD6 based?) as per the contract, or at least a VERY heavily revised S550.

I still think that means a light refresh for the '21MY......so '15-'17, '18-'20, '21-23MY.....then the all-new-car for '24MY at the latest (I still think '23MY for that one). Of course, the big question will be if S650/Next-gen still keeps the Coyote.
All New Mustang.jpg

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
If this was written by someone who was actually invited to such a conversation isn't it at least a weird way of describing what every enthusiast knows to be a facelift at best?

Apart from the fact that any Ford manager who would give out such sensitive info on future product development would be fired on the spot.
If such a conversation took place, I'd imagine it would be under a NDA, but yes, I'm suspicious!

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I mean, the current platform is being staged so it might outrun the run of Fox Body Generations.
Given the uncertainty on how much of the climate hysteria will turn into actual enforced policies and on what continents in the coming decade that strategy would make a lot of sense for the next few years.

We might actually come to a point in time where there will be two completely different Mustang coupes on sale, a re-facelifted facelift of the facelifted ICE S550 and a Mach-E BEV coupe. Two vehicles which will share basically nothing but the pony logo on the front.

wjfawb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Who doesn't like Negasonic Teenage Warhead? And chimichangas?

I've had three mustangs over the years, and many fords. They started out great. 2002 GT Mustang, no problems for 47,000 miles. 2003 Cobra, awesome car. Melted a piston doing highway runs. $7k later with a teksid shortblock, it still didn't disappoint. 2010 F150 scab 5.4L has been flawless and still is other than a leaking third brake light seal. 2012 Focus with dual clutch manumatic was great other than the myfordistouched system and the shuddering contaminated clutch that ford wouldn't fix for a couple years. By the time they said, I'll fix it, I sold it as is. 2013 Explorer had the PTU puke its guts at 40,000 miles. Ford dealership tried to deny the warranty claiming the part looked like a junkyard part. I had to get family at ford to get a quality engineer to look at it and tell them it was an engineering verification unit that had paint markered dimensions marked all over it. Wiper stalk died ($35). Backup camera died ($300+). Catalytic converters died (traded on a Toyota). My 2015 mustang GT 5.0 has been ok. The backup camera died on it too ($90). The shittiest thing was the intake manifold runner control shaft breaking at 40,000 miles. I out of pocketed that one too to avoid the local dealerships ($350). I don't think I'll let my wife drive anything ford again. The front wheel drive crossover shit drivetrain sucks. The electronics seem to be getting worse and worse.

I honestly am considering another STI. The 2019 has some upgrades. It's still weak, but it's a great commuter car and old tech compared to other cars today.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Given the uncertainty on how much of the climate hysteria will turn into actual enforced policies and on what continents in the coming decade that strategy would make a lot of sense for the next few years.

We might actually come to a point in time where there will be two completely different Mustang coupes on sale, a re-facelifted facelift of the facelifted ICE S550 and a Mach-E BEV coupe. Two vehicles which will share basically nothing but the pony logo on the front.
Now this could certainly be the best of both worlds. Assuming Ford sticks to their guns regarding the Mustang naming on the Mach-E. Us purists get the S550, hopefully with a V8 and everyone else gets a Mach-E coupe. I can live with that.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Who doesn't like Negasonic Teenage Warhead? And chimichangas?

I've had three mustangs over the years, and many fords. They started out great. 2002 GT Mustang, no problems for 47,000 miles. 2003 Cobra, awesome car. Melted a piston doing highway runs. $7k later with a teksid shortblock, it still didn't disappoint. 2010 F150 scab 5.4L has been flawless and still is other than a leaking third brake light seal. 2012 Focus with dual clutch manumatic was great other than the myfordistouched system and the shuddering contaminated clutch that ford wouldn't fix for a couple years. By the time they said, I'll fix it, I sold it as is. 2013 Explorer had the PTU puke its guts at 40,000 miles. Ford dealership tried to deny the warranty claiming the part looked like a junkyard part. I had to get family at ford to get a quality engineer to look at it and tell them it was an engineering verification unit that had paint markered dimensions marked all over it. Wiper stalk died ($35). Backup camera died ($300+). Catalytic converters died (traded on a Toyota). My 2015 mustang GT 5.0 has been ok. The backup camera died on it too ($90). The shittiest thing was the intake manifold runner control shaft breaking at 40,000 miles. I out of pocketed that one too to avoid the local dealerships ($350). I don't think I'll let my wife drive anything ford again. The front wheel drive crossover shit drivetrain sucks. The electronics seem to be getting worse and worse.

I honestly am considering another STI. The 2019 has some upgrades. It's still weak, but it's a great commuter car and old tech compared to other cars today.
And what does any of this have to do with the V8 continuing past 2024? :facepalm:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'd like to think that Ford and other car companies will build what people want to buy. I don't really want a Mustang without a V8. I'd like to think there are a lot of other people that love V8s in their Mustangs as well. Probably about 1/2 of us own a Mustang with a V8, and possibly some of the other half would buy a V8 Mustang if it was less expensive.

Since Ford just designed an all-new 7.3 liter V8 gas engine for pickups - that says to me that Ford believes they have a large number of customers who like V8s and also who like large displacement. I take that as a good sign that not only does Ford listen to their customers, but also that many of the people who buy new Fords like V8s.

I'm staying away from the many other things I'd like to say about this topic. Since so many people like V8s, the only reason V8s are going away is due to some of us voting our V8 ownership privileges away. As a real V8 lover, I'd like to encourage anyone that reads this to vote for keeping V8s available.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I'd like to think that Ford and other car companies will build what people want to buy.
I agree with you but with the following modification......."Ford and other car companies will build what the majority of people want to buy and what is most profitable". The truck and car businesses are two different animals. Ford is walking away from the later even though many people liked and bought their sedans.

Ford believes they have a large number of customers who like V8s and also who like large displacement.
If this is the case why isn't there a V8 in Ford's #1 vehicle.

I take that as a good sign that not only does Ford listen to their customers,
I'm guess that you haven't heard about the Mustang Mach-E? :)

At the end of the day we V8 lovers are in the minority. Whether is be a Mustang, Camaro, Corvette, Charger, or Challenger. Add up the total sales of all of these cars and it adds up to a pimple on an elephants ass.

Now i plan to keep my 19' GT/CS for at least 10 years. Will i buy another Mustang at that time? I hope so. Do I want a V8? Definitely. I guess we will all have to wait and see.

Snake Plissken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I'd like to think that Ford and other car companies will build what people want to buy. I don't really want a Mustang without a V8. I'd like to think there are a lot of other people that love V8s in their Mustangs as well. Probably about 1/2 of us own a Mustang with a V8, and possibly some of the other half would buy a V8 Mustang if it was less expensive.
Unfortunately that would be F-150's. Hell, the Explorer moved away from V8's years ago.

Since Ford just designed an all-new 7.3 liter V8 gas engine for pickups - that says to me that Ford believes they have a large number of customers who like V8s and also who like large displacement. I take that as a good sign that not only does Ford listen to their customers, but also that many of the people who buy new Fords like V8s.
Yes, the customers that buy pickup trucks, i.e. the F-150. The 7.3L V8 is bound for truck only duties. I know some peeps (probably Fox body enthusiasts) are dreaming of a high-performance 7.3L crate motor; but I think it is just that..., a dream.

I'm staying away from the many other things I'd like to say about this topic. Since so many people like V8s, the only reason V8s are going away is due to some of us voting our V8 ownership privileges away. As a real V8 lover, I'd like to encourage anyone that reads this to vote for keeping V8s available.
And exactly how do we do that? Is there some person out there running for national election that is specifically championing the V8 engine? And if so, and this person is elected to national office, how is this one person going to acquire political momentum to influence the car builders to keep V8's (more importantly for what reason) even though the V8 is such a small part of their product line up outside of trucks?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
And exactly how do we do that? Is there some person out there running for national election that is specifically championing the V8 engine? And if so, and this person is elected to national office, how is this one person going to acquire political momentum to influence the car builders to keep V8's (more importantly for what reason) even though the V8 is such a small part of their product line up outside of trucks?
Hack is just being hopeful as we all are. I think there is nothing any of can do. We could all go out today and buy another GT and it wouldn't mean anything. As another member said earlier even is Ford decides to drop the V8 four years from now there will be plenty of them out there for us to buy and enjoy.

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 DIB Mustang GT Premium.
Sooo, does this mean the '15 will appreciate in value??

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
My problem with the Ford Coyote is that it looks so ugly. Pug ugly, and I was ashamed to show it when anyone asked for a look.

V8's used to be beautiful, now they look like the back of my fridge.
Beauty is in the eye. I'd like to take that engine cover off so I can look at the engine.
Sponsored