Spuddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gareth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Evening,

I'm considering swapping out the manifolds but I have some concerns and was wondering if anyone else has performed the mod in the UK.

My car is a 2019 GT

1. With highflow cats in the Kooks manifolds will the car still pass MOT emmisions

2. Steeda have told me they cannot provide a map for a UK car with Kooks installed as the EU Mustangs have cats in the Manifolds as well as the standard cats and this will throw a CEL that they cannot/won't tune for, I'm wondering if there are any work arounds.

If you have any other advice I'm happy to hear it.

Cheers
Sponsored

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I have Kooks LTHs & high flow cats. Motorsport and Performance installed them and also did an ECU tune. I have yet to go for an MOT, but MAP said it will pass. The dyno sheet is at the end of this video showing the before and after:

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've got Kooks LTH on my 2016, one of the first in the UK, so much so they didn't actually fit after I had them ceramic coated lol

They are probably referring to the GPF that the face lift Mustangs in the EU have to have fitted due to emissions, which makes tuning more complicated.

Find someone to give you a custom tune

OP
OP

Spuddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gareth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thanks for the replies.

I wonder can the SCT x4 Tuner device able to map out the code.

I'll check in with a few tuners before making an order.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Spuddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gareth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
It's my understanding if I swap the manifolds out that the GPF is built into them. I don't mind if the GPF is there or not, I just want to release a little more power and sound.

I've heard the term Shorty Headers, not actually seen any for the car but perhaps if such a thing is available it is a sort of middle ground and retains the GPF?