Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO

Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I just got home from driving 4 hours to Steeda Pompano on my stock PP struts/shocks, and then 4 hours home on these Konis.

All I can say is it's worth the wait for those who have ordered, WOW. :eyebulge::headbang:

Middle settings for now, very noticeable how much more firm and less bouncy the car is.

Fingers crossed I'll have an open track day in 2 weeks and can report back on different settings.

HUGE thanks to [MENTION=10893]David@Steeda[/MENTION] for getting me a great deal and the hospitality as always at their shop. Always so many badass cars there, GT500 being dyno tuned among them.

There's also a few other folks in this thread and others who have provided instructions and install tips and that honestly helped out greatly. Thanks for that I need to go back through and find the specific posts.

#TeamKoni

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
We have been beating on these with our SP083 Handling Springs.

OH MY. What a combo. ;)
Better than the FRPP track handling dampers? Outside of adjustability, how good is the match?

Thanks.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I just got home from driving 4 hours to Steeda Pompano on my stock PP struts/shocks, and then 4 hours home on these Konis.

All I can say is it's worth the wait for those who have ordered, WOW. :eyebulge::headbang:

Middle settings for now, very noticeable how much more firm and less bouncy the car is.

Fingers crossed I'll have an open track day in 2 weeks and can report back on different settings.

HUGE thanks to [MENTION=10893]David@Steeda[/MENTION] for getting me a great deal and the hospitality as always at their shop. Always so many badass cars there, GT500 being dyno tuned among them.

There's also a few other folks in this thread and others who have provided instructions and install tips and that honestly helped out greatly. Thanks for that I need to go back through and find the specific posts.

#TeamKoni
Man...I am jealous. Glad you're in love with them. That makes me feel good.

Sponsored

Deranged1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Glad to see Koni hitting the market. I had these paired with Steeda sports on my 13 track pack car and in my opinion, it performed and rode better than my Boss. Koni is topnotch!

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Is Koni an American company? I think they are of European origin, but I'm not sure.

Built4Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium White
Is Koni an American company? I think they are of European origin, but I'm not sure.
How it all started
KONI was founded in 1857 in Oud-Beijerland, the Netherlands, by A. de Koning. The business did not start with making shock absorbers, but with making leather equipment for horses. Just before the Second World War, the company started to work on shock absorbers. These were friction type shock absorbers.

After the Second World War, the production of the telescopic shock absorbers started. In the early fifties, KONI decided to play a more prominent role in motor sports in order to enlarge the company’s reputation.
In 1955, KONI participated for the first time in the Tulpenrally, a Dutch organized rally with international status.

Rally was just the beginning and KONI soon after began its racing career upon entering Formula 1 in 1956. On the famous Nordschleife in Germany, it assisted the Ferrari team in solving their suspension problems.

The first Grand Prix that KONI officially participated in was in 1958 with Ferrari. After that, the business expanded quickly and in 1971, KONI already reached its first World Championship win, as Tyrrell Ford won the driver’s and constructor’s championship.

Over time, KONI has not only improved damping for rally cars and racing cars, but has also dedicated its expertise on improving the damping in various other commercial vehicles, and even for industrial projects like bridges.

TunaFish15

2017 SRT Challenger owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6.4L Mustang Eater
Anyone know if the koni set can support a drop of over 2", say from a set of Steeda extreme lowering springs, without blowing out?

Last edited:

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
How it all started
KONI was founded in 1857 in Oud-Beijerland, the Netherlands, by A. de Koning. The business did not start with making shock absorbers, but with making leather equipment for horses. Just before the Second World War, the company started to work on shock absorbers. These were friction type shock absorbers.

After the Second World War, the production of the telescopic shock absorbers started. In the early fifties, KONI decided to play a more prominent role in motor sports in order to enlarge the company’s reputation.
In 1955, KONI participated for the first time in the Tulpenrally, a Dutch organized rally with international status.

Rally was just the beginning and KONI soon after began its racing career upon entering Formula 1 in 1956. On the famous Nordschleife in Germany, it assisted the Ferrari team in solving their suspension problems.

The first Grand Prix that KONI officially participated in was in 1958 with Ferrari. After that, the business expanded quickly and in 1971, KONI already reached its first World Championship win, as Tyrrell Ford won the driver’s and constructor’s championship.

Over time, KONI has not only improved damping for rally cars and racing cars, but has also dedicated its expertise on improving the damping in various other commercial vehicles, and even for industrial projects like bridges.
Thanks for the info. :)

Well, judging by their long and storied history, participation in the top echelons of motorsports, and all the rave reviews that their shock/strut package is getting on this thread, I'd say these will work quite nicely for my suspension setup paired with some Eibach Pro Kits. My car gets delivered next week, so I'll try and secure a set in the coming months.
Sponsored