Sponsored

****Katzkin leather seats from Moddiction. Tons of colors and materials to choose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
You need to go into a Katzkin dealer.They are knowledgeable about the covers and will have the color samples. They do this all the time and will not screw your car up. The kit comes with console cover and the door panels that cover the armrests. ( Katzkins fhd0002 ) Good luck.
Yours came with a console cover???
Sponsored

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just an option for anyone to hat cares. In my town we have a company called MotorSheep and they make high quality seat covers for all makes and models. They specialize in sheepskin, but make all different leather and cloth ones also. I just priced having leather ones made out of one of the several colors they offer and it was just shy of $500 out the door with installation included. Just throwing it out there.

OP
OP
Moddiction

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Seat covers will always be cheaper but of course also won't look nearly as nice.

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Not a cover for the entire console,just the console cover or lid. Sorry for the confusion.
No confusion. That's more than I got. I only got door panels, no console cover. I am looking to Redline for a match right now, but their sample delivery system is super slow.:shrug:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Moddiction

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
The kit is not supposed to come with center console over. I don't believe katzkin even makes those. Must have been a 3rd party part that was included in price.

daytripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13GT500,'15 GT
The kit is not supposed to come with center console over. I don't believe katzkin even makes those. Must have been a 3rd party part that was included in price.
Mine sure did. Precision tint & seats in Knoxville,TN did the install. They do the new cars for dealers too.When I 1st went to speak with them they listed what I would get. That list included the cover.

OP
OP
Moddiction

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Yeah it must just be made by a different company is what I am saying as Katzkin doesn't include that.

Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackstangs.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Yeah it must just be made by a different company is what I am saying as Katzkin doesn't include that.
I got the full kit directly from Katzkin and it didn't come with a console cover but shops can order extra material and do it themselves. My shop asked me but I opted out of that because I like the black on the console.

Sponsored

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
finally

Well I got the Redlines samples today. None of them match, but....they left out the only one I was really interested in...Hazelnut. On the computer screen it looks like it might be a match. I left them a message. Hopefully they will send it to me soon. :crazy:

UPDATE: they are sending it to me, asap. here's hoping it's a match!
The Hazelnut sample came today. It is close to Katzkin's Autumn, but darker. I am considering ordering Redlines sun visors, since they would not be right next to any of the Katzkin material. I think I will attach the sample to a visor and ponder it for a few days, before I decide. I wish it was a bit closer to a match. I don't think I will get the console cover, since that would be right next to the seats. On the other hand, since I have a Vert it might fade enough over time to match. Hmmmm. Decisions. :confused::confused::confused:

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
ordered

OK I went for the Redline visors, hazelnut leather, perforated with black stitching. $104 delivered.

To get the discount be sure to fill out an order, but then try to close the page and they will give you a discount code if you order right away. I actually did that twice...once I really closed the page, the second time I copied the code and actually did the order. So, it's easy to get. Was about $10 cheaper that way. :thumbsup:

The visors look like an easy install since they use velcro to close up the seam. You do have to cut out a mirror opening, however.

Cerberus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost (Magnetic)
I've been thinking about taking the plunge on some Katzkinz (Grey), but I'm concerned about the seat belt straps. How do they attach to the seats (non-magnet end)? I know that new matching straps don't come with these sets. Doesn't retaining the cloth straps with the contrasting color leather, look lame? I'd appreciate your thoughts in this regard. Thank you!

Michael

OP
OP
Moddiction

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
It hasn't bothered me at all. Others it may. I didn't even think of it until someone asked about about leather straps.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Even with my stock leather take offs I have no issue with the cloth straps. It's such a minor detail thats hardly noticeable.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.