Sponsored

KAM reset, recommended for quicker learning of a new tune?

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Just curious for thoughts on using the KAM reset feature in an SCT or other tuner, done at the same time as loading a new tune. I know that the KAM reset is the same as unplugging the battery cable for at least an hour or so, enabling the computer to "unlearn" throttle and other parameters. This allows the computer to start fresh on learning the new parameters set in the tune, and not be influenced by the history of the previous tune it seems.
Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
In do a KAM reset every few weeks, especially if doing a lot of city driving. I have an AP.
I think that when you load a new tune, it naturally does a reset.

Also, do not get scared when first starting it after a reset, it will start hard and stumble for a few seconds.

OP
OP
Warhead

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Yup, and it can't be stressed enough that putting a couple hundred miles on a new tune will be drastically different than the first few miles! I loaded my last tune and in standard drive mode there was a lot of hang time between 2-3 and 3-4 shifts on my automatic. Fast forward a day or two and it was smooth as can be, and in track / sport mode it far outperforms the previous tune and keeps getting better.

I'm not sure if all custom tunes reset the KAM though?
Sponsored