Sponsored

Just how serious are Ford...?

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
A friend of mine is "possibly interested" in a new mustang. but he tells me that the e-brochure you can download from the ford.co.uk website is still the MY16 version, with Sync 2 and the "old colours"...

I do wonder how serious Ford are with their overall marketing strategy when they can't even be bothered to update the PDF!

I don't know whether there is a new printed brochure available - has anyone seen one?
Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
To be fair to Ford, very few companies are going to update their brochure for every minor update.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Sorry, didn't realise the colours were not updated. Yes that is poor

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Theres a 9 month waiting list and I guess they are selling the targeted figures.

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
It's been the same right from the start.

The website took months to be updated with regards to certain things so it's no surprise.

That said, HOW F**KING HARD CAN IT BE to phone the IT dept and say "can you take these discontinued colours off and add these new ones."?!

I love the car but goddamn are Ford doing their best to look like a monkey f**king a football.

Sponsored

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
I've been wondering the same for months now, and thinking the same thing... f*cking crap effort on Ford's part... but although it's out-of-date as far as new orders are concerned, it's effectively still up-to-date as far as anything any dealer may have sitting on their forecourt... which at this present time will still be MY16.

If people are looking to buy on the strength of a MY17 brochure, and all that's available from stock is essentially out-of-date MY16 models, the dealers will be stuck with a fair few cars that they'd have to discount considerably... which they don't want to be seen to be doing with the Mustang!

Last edited:

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
You would think that after going to the lengths of developing a RHD spec model of the car they'd want to nail the promotion to ensure it sales are maximised to make the venture worth while.

Ford would be better if they owned or at least properly managed the main dealer outlets. Consistency is key - a customer should have the same, INFORMED, experience regardless of which outlet they go to.

Colours were always a hot topic, especially before anyone had seen the cars. How difficult would it be to get some miniature vac formed body shells and get the paint codes and have them sprayed in the available colours so that a (potential) customer could at least see them in the flesh before ordering?

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
You would think that after going to the lengths of developing a RHD spec model of the car they'd want to nail the promotion to ensure it sales are maximised to make the venture worth while.
Funny on two counts.

1. These things flew out of the showrooms from the minute they were announced so no need, hence why the website doesn't get updated & the dealers vary wildly from one to another.

2. You assume they have a basic grasp of how to provide a consistent, good, customer experience. They've shown time and time again they do not.

I love the cars. I hate having to deal with Ford.

SteamPlane

Car, beer & whisky nerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White GT Convertible
Interestingly, the brochure and website here in Australia have been updated. The down side is that we have to wait much longer for delivery, we don't get any interior options (or the Shaker) and there are almost zero spare cars lying around waiting to be purchased (mostly EB demonstrators).

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
1. They flew out of the showrooms because there was a 51 year backlog of RHD customers and if Ford UK expect that level of demand to continue then their understanding of their customer base and their product is even worse than I thought!

2. I assume nothing. I expect Ford think that their franchised dealership network is delivering a good, consistent customer experience - but we know this isn't the case!

It's really annoying because it could be so much better and probably not that difficult to achieve but all that matters to Ford is that demand is at least meeting supply. Lets see how long that lasts?

Sponsored

Actual

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 V8 GT Auto Fastback Black
There was no brochure when I ordered my Mustang. I only knew 3 things which were V8 5.0 Black. I didn't even know the price :)

davidathomas42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 5.0 V8
Also you can't even select the black roof option on the builder app on there website and my dealer did not even tell me about it. Thankfully I ended up with one because I took a different car when mine was cocked up.

But Jesus. Its poor from many angles.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
1. They flew out of the showrooms because there was a 51 year backlog of RHD customers and if Ford UK expect that level of demand to continue then their understanding of their customer base and their product is even worse than I thought!
They flew out of the showrooms because they are a dirt cheap V8 and in the UK its the cheapest V8 by thousands
Ford have sold way more cars than they planned for in Europe, and still seem not to car to much about the Euro market.
Maybe if it was a case of not selling in the US so much, than they might bother more about the Euro Stang, but as it is still selling massive in the US, they don't need to care too much about the Euro market

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
There was no brochure when I ordered my Mustang. I only knew 3 things which were V8 5.0 Black. I didn't even know the price :)
Ditto, buyers now have a wealth of information compared to us early buyers. The wait between laying down my deposit and the prices be released was a bit nervous for me!!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Ditto, buyers now have a wealth of information compared to us early buyers. The wait between laying down my deposit and the prices be released was a bit nervous for me!!
None the less, even the wreaths of information customers now have, very little of it is from ford, bar the prices, you have us lot on the forums to thank really... It's quite shoddy from their behalf.

Updating a brochure, especially an e-brochure is cheap as chips.
Sponsored