Jmeo's 2020 Shelby American GT500 SE Wide Body Build (+ "Phase 2")

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I decided that I want to enjoy driving (and looking at) my daily as much as I enjoy driving (and looking at) my GT500.......so...........

IMG_1179.jpeg

IMG_1181.jpeg

IMG_1183.jpeg

Some window tint, transfer of tonneau cover and the other goodies form the last truck and bam, good to go.

IMG_1196.jpeg

IMG_1195.jpeg

IMG_1194.jpeg

IMG_1193.jpeg

Mission accomplished, as far as I am concerned.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I guess some more overtime will be in your future, Jaime. <wink> LOVE the new truck and at least Ford offered a paint color that matches. How about the details and options? Never shopped for one.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I guess some more overtime will be in your future, Jaime. <wink> LOVE the new truck and at least Ford offered a paint color that matches. How about the details and options? Never shopped for one.
Well, I'm a glutton for sure but the plan is to slow WAY down. I have about 3 more months till I finish my masters, then I plan to do a whole lot less going forward.

Yeah, the color is called Azure Grey but it looks more blue than grey me thinks. You may remember I had a 2020 Ford Performance Blue Raptor for a minute that was the same color as my GT500. Anywho, this one is much nicer and has improved significantly in only 3 model years.

This thing is an animal. It lights up the 35" tires almost as easy as the GT500 does. It has a high output twin turbo 3.5L V6 pushing out 450 HP and 530 lb.-ft torque. The suspension is FOX based and it's phenomenal. Has a newly designed 5 link rear suspension that is a game changer. Selectable modes, exhaust, suspension, steering, etc. just like the GT500. Other than that it's got every option known to man, as far as F150s go.

Hope all is well with you my friend. You will have to run out and buy an F150 Raptor so we can attend the "Raptor Assault" together to re-live the Track Attack experience we had!

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Well, I'm a glutton for sure but the plan is to slow WAY down. I have about 3 more months till I finish my masters, then I plan to do a whole lot less going forward.

Yeah, the color is called Azure Grey but it looks more blue than grey me thinks. You may remember I had a 2020 Ford Performance Blue Raptor for a minute that was the same color as my GT500. Anywho, this one is much nicer and has improved significantly in only 3 model years.

This thing is an animal. It lights up the 35" tires almost as easy as the GT500 does. It has a high output twin turbo 3.5L V6 pushing out 450 HP and 530 lb.-ft torque. The suspension is FOX based and it's phenomenal. Has a newly designed 5 link rear suspension that is a game changer. Selectable modes, exhaust, suspension, steering, etc. just like the GT500. Other than that it's got every option known to man, as far as F150s go.

Hope all is well with you my friend. You will have to run out and buy an F150 Raptor so we can attend the "Raptor Assault" together to re-live the Track Attack experience we had!
Jamie,

What color is the truck?

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
You will have to run out and buy an F150 Raptor so we can attend the "Raptor Assault" together to re-live the Track Attack experience we had!
<actually chuckling>

I'm wondering if you were reading my mind, Jamie because as I was reading your description of the truck's properties, I immediately thought...

"Hmmm...wouldn't have to buy diesel..."

"Hmmm..I could actually get AROUND it in the garage unlike the SD."

<smiling again>

DId some searching and saw prices that to me seemed quite low. Looks like I might be close to an even trade. "Hmmm" three times. I need to go to the dealer where my former Shelby tech moved anyway to talk about bringing her in for the last TSB so I might as well browse, right? :cool:

Yep, TA was one of THE best experiences of my life and it wasn't the driving. For me just hanging with you guys who I had been communicating with for months, was simply THE best and an experience I will never forget.

jaime-shirts_01.png

kbs-shirt.png

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
<actually chuckling>

I'm wondering if you were reading my mind, Jamie because as I was reading your description of the truck's properties, I immediately thought...

"Hmmm...wouldn't have to buy diesel..."

"Hmmm..I could actually get AROUND it in the garage unlike the SD."

<smiling again>

DId some searching and saw prices that to me seemed quite low. Looks like I might be close to an even trade. "Hmmm" three times. I need to go to the dealer where my former Shelby tech moved anyway to talk about bringing her in for the last TSB so I might as well browse, right? :cool:

Yep, TA was one of THE best experiences of my life and it wasn't the driving. For me just hanging with you guys who I had been communicating with for months, was simply THE best and an experience I will never forget.

jaime-shirts_01.png

kbs-shirt.png

I have to agree Kent, I have met a lot of people from all around at events that are now some of my best friends. The track attack was one of those times that I will also never forget. I see and wear my T-shirt you made for us often and it always makes me smile.

if your not towing massive weight with your Super Duty, everything else can be done in a Raptor. Best of luck buddy, hope you get one.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Jaime:

is it a raptor with no badging or just an F-150?

Shelbeast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RAJ
Vehicle(s)
GT500, MME-GT, BMW X-1
And moving on……

What’s nice is with the GT500 front pipes and the Shelby (by Borla) cat back this Switchfire connects without any adaptors and is easily the largest diameter mid muff/reso/delete pipe I’ve seen.

before you ask, I only heard cold start up and idle so far but it sounds glorious.

IMG_1037.jpeg

IMG_1038.jpeg

IMG_1039.jpeg

IMG_1040.jpeg

IMG_1041.jpeg
Hello J,

Do you mind sharing where you ordered from? I can only find the complete system.

Thanks!
RJ

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hello J,

Do you mind sharing where you ordered from? I can only find the complete system.

Thanks!
RJ
Hi, sure thing. I called Borla directly to order it. If it helps, I believe it is the same one supplied in their kits. For the GT500 you don’t need to use the supplied reducers because the gose-inta and goes-outta diameter is the same as the switchfire.

Shelbeast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RAJ
Vehicle(s)
GT500, MME-GT, BMW X-1
Hi, sure thing. I called Borla directly to order it. If it helps, I believe it is the same one supplied in their kits. For the GT500 you don’t need to use the supplied reducers because the gose-inta and goes-outta diameter is the same as the switchfire.
Thanks J!

I'm going to give it a whirl.

RJ

Shelbeast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RAJ
Vehicle(s)
GT500, MME-GT, BMW X-1
I must have misread since you have shelby pipes. talked to Borla and they said it does not fit stock GT500.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I must have misread since you have shelby pipes. talked to Borla and they said it does not fit stock GT500.
Sorry I thought you had a Borla kit. It will mate up to either the Shelby by Borla kit or a standard Borla kit that fits the GT500.