C2-650x in rear deck
6.5-inch (165 mm) Coaxial Speaker System
deck.jpg

Punch 1000x5 powering the system, with JL LC's
The birth sheet had the amp at around 125x4 and 500+ on the sub channel
IMG_3600.jpg

JL Stealthbox
IMG_3665.jpg

I'm a rock, rap, dirt road/outlaw country fan, so it will take some tinkering with the radio EQ. I don't have much time today, but I played some rap with clean bass, and I took the treble a good way down, some mid boost, and some bass boost, and around 15 volume it sounds/feels great and you can see the bass working the rearview mirror. With the punch amp, you can find out the clipping point, mine was 22 volume. To be honest, with it all in, I doubt I'd exceed 15 lol. Just wanted clean sound with some thump, and this does .
Did you use Forscan to make any changes?
Sponsored

Magnetic904

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Punch is $499
The six JL speakers were $470
LoC's were like $90 each
Stealthbox runs $880
Can you provide details on how you installed the JL stealthbox? I have a 2020 with the factory B&O system with sub and bought a JL stealthbox from AM but it isnt factory connections on the stealthbox, i bought the amp from AM to go with it but not sure on the install i think im missing something. Previous installs ive done were from scratch on other cars, with this one jumping in the middle of a previous factory installed setup has gotten me a little off center.

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Can you provide details on how you installed the JL stealthbox? I have a 2020 with the factory B&O system with sub and bought a JL stealthbox from AM but it isnt factory connections on the stealthbox, i bought the amp from AM to go with it but not sure on the install i think im missing something. Previous installs ive done were from scratch on other cars, with this one jumping in the middle of a previous factory installed setup has gotten me a little off center.
It's easy... get an Pac-Audio AmpPro AP4-FD21, route a pair of RCA wires and a remote turn on wire to the location of your amp. Route battery and ground cable to the location of your amp. Connect everything (AmpPro according to the manual, RCAs and remote turn on from AmpPro to amplifier, power and ground to amplifier, speaker cable to Stealthbox, set crossover on amp for your sub), set gains, enjoy your stealthbox.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
It's easy... get an Pac-Audio AmpPro AP4-FD21, route a pair of RCA wires and a remote turn on wire to the location of your amp. Route battery and ground cable to the location of your amp. Connect everything (AmpPro according to the manual, RCAs and remote turn on from AmpPro to amplifier, power and ground to amplifier, speaker cable to Stealthbox, set crossover on amp for your sub), set gains, enjoy your stealthbox.
If heā€™s only upgrading the sub he could do the APSUB FD21 which is significantly cheaper. Just a thought.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
For anyone interested.

C2-650 Evolution set in doors
6.5-inch (165 mm) Woofer, 0.75-inch (19 mm) Silk Dome Tweeter
fronts.jpg

IMG_3603.jpg

C2-650x in rear deck
6.5-inch (165 mm) Coaxial Speaker System
deck.jpg

Punch 1000x5 powering the system, with JL LC's
The birth sheet had the amp at around 125x4 and 500+ on the sub channel
IMG_3600.jpg

JL Stealthbox
IMG_3665.jpg

I'm a rock, rap, dirt road/outlaw country fan, so it will take some tinkering with the radio EQ. I don't have much time today, but I played some rap with clean bass, and I took the treble a good way down, some mid boost, and some bass boost, and around 15 volume it sounds/feels great and you can see the bass working the rearview mirror. With the punch amp, you can find out the clipping point, mine was 22 volume. To be honest, with it all in, I doubt I'd exceed 15 lol. Just wanted clean sound with some thump, and this does .
Did you do the tweeter install yourself? That looks really clean and Iā€™m considering doing the same with my JL C5 tweeters. Did you cut out the stock tweeter screen or does it pop out?

Sponsored

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
If heā€™s only upgrading the sub he could do the APSUB FD21 which is significantly cheaper. Just a thought.
Sure he could, but then, if he ever decides he want to upgrade the rest of the speakers afterwards, he has to buy the real AmpPro anyway, so..... ;)

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Sure he could, but then, if he ever decides he want to upgrade the rest of the speakers afterwards, he has to buy the real AmpPro anyway, so..... ;)
Exactly! Do it once and be done. He should also add the Toslink port and get a fiber optic cable to be ready in all respects.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Yes, I thought this was implied lol. I was simply offering a cheaper alternative IF he didnā€™t want to add full range amps.

OF5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500 CFTP
Did you do the tweeter install yourself? That looks really clean and Iā€™m considering doing the same with my JL C5 tweeters. Did you cut out the stock tweeter screen or does it pop out?
The tweeter grille pops out easily from the front.

Sponsored

Magnetic904

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I am just doing the sub, replacing the factory B&O sub with the JL audio stealthbox. Does the APSUB FD21 connect an aftermarket amp and sub or sub only? I bought the JL monoblock 500 watt amp to go with the stealthbox. Or will i need the more expensive version?

*edit, did some research and found my answer. Ordered the regular version i dont plan on going crazy with the rest of the speakers in the system. Thanks

Last edited:

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
The Sub-version of that AmpPro still needs an amplifier just like the more expensive version.
Therefor, in my humble opinion. Just in case you want to upgrade the rest of the system in the future, get the more expensive version.
If you buy the sub only version and for whatever reason you decide to upgrade the rest of the speakers next year you have to buy the more expensive version.

So, do it once, do it right.

JCF204

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 F-350
Very nice, I plan to upgrade my 2015 here this summer.

PICASSO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Fighter Jet Grey
Question....Im installing new front components and rear mid bass plus a box with two JL Audio, run by a 5 channel Audio Control AMP. Im using the Pac-Audio AmpPro AP4-FD21 and I know how to connect it. My question is, what happens to the center channel speaker and the original subwoofer? Does that still work? do we have to disconnect them? Thats the part that confuses me because we're not supposed to touch the Stock Amp.
Sponsored