Sponsored

J&J Baby Shampoo (yes you read that right)

Dabitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I had a really good shop paint correct and re-do my ceramic coating. I'm really happy with their work. This is a top notch shop that works with Lambos, McLarens, and expensive cars, nothing but positive reviews. When I asked the shop manager what did he recommend to maintain the ceramic he said to just wash it with "Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo" and bring it back once a year. That's it. He said it's very gentle on the paint/coat and does the job. Have you guys heard about this? If not, what do you recommend?

Another question, I have an MP Concept grille that I am yet to install so it didn't get any treatment. What do you guys recommend I treat it with before I install it? I am waiting on Diode Dynamics to ship the custom turn/fog lights to kill two birds with one stone, so I have a couple of weeks.

20211002_113948.jpg
Sponsored

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
just use carpro Reset shampoo. It cleans well and maintains ceramic coatings

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I'd trust the shop with all the good reviews.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Doesn't surprise me at all. Soap is basically soap. Don't let the 10k types they sell in the stores and auto shops confuse you, they really don't have any special secret sauce.

Your car doesn't prefer a specific fragrance or color of soap either. They all cut oils and loosen dirt about equally well. I've used dish soap and hand soap before on my car. Guess what - car looked the same in the end.