Is there a rain mode with the base GT?

B Gordon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Yellow 2015 GT
I have been thinking there is a selectable rain mode with the base GT (no toggle switches) but while looking over the menu's on the screen in the dash I cannot find anything.
The button under the stereo just turns traction control on or off.

Is there a menu or button that I have overlooked?
Sponsored

NHEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium/PP
I think only Premium models have the different drive modes. Base models just on or off for traction. Others, correct me if I'm wrong.

Isurus550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Prem PP
I think only Premium models have the different drive modes. Base models just on or off for traction. Others, correct me if I'm wrong.
This is correct. Only the premium models have the selectable drive modes.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I have been thinking there is a selectable rain mode with the base GT (no toggle switches) but while looking over the menu's on the screen in the dash I cannot find anything.
The button under the stereo just turns traction control on or off.

Is there a menu or button that I have overlooked?
It's (IMO) almost completely useless if you have driving proficiency, so I wouldn't worry about it.

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
It's (IMO) almost completely useless if you have driving proficiency, so I wouldn't worry about it.
I've used the snow/wet mode, it limits the boost and throttle so your not fish tailing everywhere. I've used it a lot, and feel safe with it. Feels like it limits the engine to 200HP.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I've used the snow/wet mode, it limits the boost and throttle so your not fish tailing everywhere. I've used it a lot, and feel safe with it. Feels like it limits the engine to 200HP.
Well, I did too - in heavy rain saw absolutely no reason to use it, never fishtailed and the throttle response was so slow that I almost stalled it. On ice you're screwed regardless what mode you use...

Again - as I said - it's all IMO. Not trying to play super driver but drove manuals for most of life, most of them not even close to the power of the GT.
Sponsored