Sponsored

Introduce yourself!!

Quick69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cali Special A6
I am Brian and I live near Charlotte NC, I finally bit the bullet and entered
the coyote world with a 2017 California Special. I've done tint, SVE springs, MBRP
race exhaust and the 20" SVE 2's will be here Friday

Sponsored

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Very nice Brian!

TrainToZone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Metallic GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hey fellow S550 owners. I've been lurking here since January but finally decided to come out of the shadows. Bought my Magnetic Metallic GT Premium back in January and it has been a full-on love affair since. Goes well with my wife's 2012 Black MCA Edition pony. As for mods, so far only some interior mods - speaker rings, vent covers and three exterior mods - switchback leds, led markers and tinted taillights. Lots more planned. Next is to get blue rally stripes painted - want paint but budget may mean vinyl.

Last edited:

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hey fellow S550 owners. I've been lurking here since January but finally decided to come out of the shadows. Bought my Magnetic Metallic GT Premium back in January and it has been a full-on love affair since. Goes well with my wife's 2012 Black MCA Edition pony. As for mods, so far only some interior mods - speaker rings, vent covers and three exterior mods - switchback leds, led markers and tinted taillights. Lots more planned. Next is to get blue rally stripes painted - want paint but budget may mean vinyl.
congrats! vinyl is safer in case you don't like or want to go back...

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Greetings Mustang fans.

Checking in here as a prospective Mustang owner potentially returning to the fold for the first time in forty years. I loved Mustangs growing up in the '70s. My dad was a Ford guy and he knew I loved Mustangs so when I turned 16 he got a well worn '69 Mustang as his daily driver. Not long after he found a Thunderbird more to his liking and passed the Mustang to me. I loved that car until it rusted out from under me (which sadly didn't take long).

I needed something more sound for a college commute and it was then that I discovered that Capris and even Ford Fiestas were more fun to drive than the malaise era cars that were available to me at the time. From there I developed a taste for small sporty cars that has stuck with me to this day.

My most recent history has been Miata, RX-8, MINI Cooper, and Miata again. I've loved the look of the S550 Mustang but never thought I'd be able to enjoy the size and road hugging weight of the Mustang. That is, until a couple of years ago I picked up a $50 gift card for a test drive offer and gave it a try. I was surprised at how quickly I got comfortable in it and the seed was planted.

Honestly, Mazda would probably still have a slam dunk sale of their latest generation Miata if they would just offer some better colors and options. It's basically five shades of grey and one greyish red. So when I showed up at the dealer this spring to collect another $50 test drive offer and the Mustang lot looked like a Skittles truck had crashed into the M&M store, I was nearly sold even before finding that the car had gotten even better.

Now I'm just biding my time waiting for the '18s to drop and considering whether to go with the perfect '18 or a steeply discounted '17. I've been thinking Ecoboost because I'm frugal and I enjoy driving cars that I can wring out without hitting hyper-legal speeds. But we'll see what's left sitting on the lots and who is hungry for a sale.

Honestly I kind of feared ending up in a Cars & Coffee clip but then it occurred to me that at 18 I used to drive my Dad's 429 Thunderjet T-bird on bias ply tires. So it would be pretty sad if 40 years later I can't handle less torque with modern tires and traction control.

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Greetings Mustang fans.

Checking in here as a prospective Mustang owner potentially returning to the fold for the first time in forty years. I loved Mustangs growing up in the '70s. My dad was a Ford guy and he knew I loved Mustangs so when I turned 16 he got a well worn '69 Mustang as his daily driver. Not long after he found a Thunderbird more to his liking and passed the Mustang to me. I loved that car until it rusted out from under me (which sadly didn't take long).

I needed something more sound for a college commute and it was then that I discovered that Capris and even Ford Fiestas were more fun to drive than the malaise era cars that were available to me at the time. From there I developed a taste for small sporty cars that has stuck with me to this day.

My most recent history has been Miata, RX-8, MINI Cooper, and Miata again. I've loved the look of the S550 Mustang but never thought I'd be able to enjoy the size and road hugging weight of the Mustang. That is, until a couple of years ago I picked up a $50 gift card for a test drive offer and gave it a try. I was surprised at how quickly I got comfortable in it and the seed was planted.

Honestly, Mazda would probably still have a slam dunk sale of their latest generation Miata if they would just offer some better colors and options. It's basically five shades of grey and one greyish red. So when I showed up at the dealer this spring to collect another $50 test drive offer and the Mustang lot looked like a Skittles truck had crashed into the M&M store, I was nearly sold even before finding that the car had gotten even better.

Now I'm just biding my time waiting for the '18s to drop and considering whether to go with the perfect '18 or a steeply discounted '17. I've been thinking Ecoboost because I'm frugal and I enjoy driving cars that I can wring out without hitting hyper-legal speeds. But we'll see what's left sitting on the lots and who is hungry for a sale.

Honestly I kind of feared ending up in a Cars & Coffee clip but then it occurred to me that at 18 I used to drive my Dad's 429 Thunderjet T-bird on bias ply tires. So it would be pretty sad if 40 years later I can't handle less torque with modern tires and traction control.
Yeah the power is a big step up haha. It really is too bad the colors are so boring for the ND :lol: though some people don't like the crazy colors :( . Pretty crazy how they are close to the NA on weight......if only I could find an NA that was not riced out for a decent price......

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Yeah the power is a big step up haha. It really is too bad the colors are so boring for the ND :lol: though some people don't like the crazy colors :( . Pretty crazy how they are close to the NA on weight......if only I could find an NA that was not riced out for a decent price......
I think part of the problem with Mazda is that they're low enough volume that dealers don't want to risk getting stuck with a crazy color. So they won't order them anyway. They figure they can sell someone who wants yellow black but they can't sell someone who wants black yellow.

The Miata community is a mix of old farts like me who still like small sports cars and kids who buy the older models cheap and mod them. Most of them are pretty good (at least around here) but there's definitely that "slam it until it's undriveable" element. :doh:

VenomousSVT

about to take the plunge
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger WideBody ScatPack
better late than never.... ive lurked on here for a bit as my desire to have another mustang has come and gone. In 2015 I looked at guard gt's and focus ST's and ended up buying a loaded Focus ST ST3 package car with every option available. At the time I was looking for some cheaper payments (not that I needed them) and the price point was literally $11k less than the GT I wanted. On top of that having a hot hatch was always a part of my bucket list. I've only ever own mustangs and my last was my D1sc 01 Cobra. Driving wrong wheel drive for a few years has made me miss a mustang something fierce and I think this may be an unavoidable force drawing me back.

for now this is the DD
c11b60c36666d11b118fb075016cfdcb.jpg

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
better late than never.... ive lurked on here for a bit as my desire to have another mustang has come and gone. In 2015 I looked at guard gt's and focus ST's and ended up buying a loaded Focus ST ST3 package car with every option available. At the time I was looking for some cheaper payments (not that I needed them) and the price point was literally $11k less than the GT I wanted. On top of that having a hot hatch was always a part of my bucket list. I've only ever own mustangs and my last was my D1sc 01 Cobra. Driving wrong wheel drive for a few years has made me miss a mustang something fierce and I think this may be an unavoidable force drawing me back.

for now this is the DD
c11b60c36666d11b118fb075016cfdcb.jpg
Always loved the look of those.

HiggyS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ingot Silver V6
Hello Folk's,

New here, just picked up a 2017 Ingot silver V6 6MT. The car came with the 18" wheels, stripes and reverse sensing system.

I came from a 2014 Focus ST3 with the Ford Racing Tune, Catback, intake and plugs.

Before the ST I had a 2014 Deep Impact Blue V6 6MT with the 18" wheel's. Missed that car so with the current discounts and trade in offers I could not resist getting another mustang.

I come from a Turbo FWD background mainly and have owned a bolt on 2004 SRT-4, a bolt on 2008 Mazdaspeed 3, a stock 2010 HRR/SS (Worst pile of garbage I have ever owned. This thing had the top end rebuilt 2 times in 40000kms due to carbon build up from the DI wrecking valves.)

Anyway, not sure how much love there is for the V6 on this forum but I look forward to posting.

Sponsored

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
Hi My name is Stacie I'm 25 (just had my birthday on July 14th!) And right now I drive my girl Aurora a 2013 V6 Premium Convertible in race red. But hopefully soon, I'll be able to order a 2018 GT Premium Coupe in Orange Fury. I'm hoping here within the next couple of weeks or as soon as they open the orders :)

mutz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Hey all,

I haven't bought a Mustang yet, but I am hoping to do so in the next year or so. Like the previous two members, I currently have a 2016 Focus ST3.

When I'm not enjoying long walks on the beach, you will find me lurking theses forums!

MELLOWYELLOW06

MELLOW 2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT PP
Hey all,

I haven't bought a Mustang yet, but I am hoping to do so in the next year or so. Like the previous two members, I currently have a 2016 Focus ST3.

When I'm not enjoying long walks on the beach, you will find me lurking theses forums!

Welcome to the gang.

Buy mine. Ill even drive it up for you, at least to Portland :D
Sponsored