OP

17MagMetal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT, 07 Ford Taurus SE, 95 F250 Xlt
Big filter looks like race car and makes cool noises though!

Everything is in.

My car is quirky or something, the crowded mess of coolant/vacuum line was a PITA to route afterwards.

Everyone properly installs the heater hose with the factory brackets but my car would literally not allow the hoses tor each if applied.

Hose clamps are always a PITA. MAF sensor wiring was a pain, there’s a strange connector under the air-box that leads to nothing but itself. I had to cut these things away from one another.

Clamp on thermostat was a major mess and I mangled it but it’s an overflow only line so i’ll let it be.

Parts are wonderful of good quality, you can definitely tell it wasn’t made for standard GTs though, lots of finicking with the airbox to get it all to fall into place.

Tune will get loaded tomorrow and I’ll test drive in the evening.

Further “testing” over the weekend, I owe some family members some automotive maintenance after work tomorrow.

PP3 definitely involves some “irreversible” changes to the vehicle. Primarily in the factory wiring installation

I’m not hugely concerned about it, but altering any factory wiring is something that I always hate to do.

More to come on my journey to fix IMRC codes on my 17 GT.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Everything is in.

My car is quirky or something, the crowded mess of coolant/vacuum line was a PITA to route afterwards.

Everyone properly installs the heater hose with the factory brackets but my car would literally not allow the hoses tor each if applied.

Hose clamps are always a PITA. MAF sensor wiring was a pain, there’s a strange connector under the air-box that leads to nothing but itself. I had to cut these things away from one another.

Clamp on thermostat was a major mess and I mangled it but it’s an overflow only line so i’ll let it be.

Parts are wonderful of good quality, you can definitely tell it wasn’t made for standard GTs though, lots of finicking with the airbox to get it all to fall into place.

Further “testing” over the weekend, I owe some family members some automotive maintenance after work tomorrow.

PP3 definitely involves some “irreversible” changes to the vehicle. Primarily in the factory wiring installation

I’m not hugely concerned about it, but altering any factory wiring is something that I always hate to do.

More to come on my journey to fix IMRC codes on my 17 GT.
That plug to nowhere is the "dyno plug". It's just a pass through. When it's unplugged it disables all the ABS/traction control/etc and puts the car into "dyno mode" that makes a few changes to the software to accommodate putting it on a roller.

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
Big filter looks like race car and makes cool noises though!
Windows up or down all I hear is the singing Coyote accompanied by the Solo Performance exhaust. The sound of the wind is lost to the duo.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

Fingers crossed.

After reading this I wonder if you should have used a pro to install this kit.

I hope everything works.

Sponsored

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Fingers crossed.

After reading this I wonder if you should have used a pro to install this kit.

I hope everything works.
My GT 350 manifold install was nothing like this threads review. Coolant lines are raised but I came up with my own solution to that.
Dan, how did your manifold install go for you ?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Dan, how did your manifold install go for you ? Sponsored
The hardest part of doing mine the first time was removing the plugs from the rear of the original manifold. My coolant lines are in the same spot as original and the fuel insulators are also installed. I un-wrapped the harness with the EVAP plug and pulled enough to get it to reach. The MAF plug is a bit of a pain but it fits up with a bit of re-routing. The vacuum lines are easy also, just run the brake booster to the intake manifold. I forget if there is anything else I'd have to look at pics or re-install it. I have the 18 up truck manifold on mine currently.

I am a pro so that helps me, but I would call this swap a 4 out of 10 in difficulty due to the plugs on the original manifold.

LouisiAnimal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6 spd
Where exactly do these break? Is it possible for a locked out manifold to have a broken shaft. Meaning between cylinder runners. I’m fighting. Weird misfire the symptoms sound like what happens when an imrc shaft is broken, but I’m locked out.

OP
OP

17MagMetal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
That plug to nowhere is the "dyno plug". It's just a pass through. When it's unplugged it disables all the ABS/traction control/etc and puts the car into "dyno mode" that makes a few changes to the software to accommodate putting it on a roller.
I learned something new today. Awesome!

OP
OP

17MagMetal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Where exactly do these break? Is it possible for a locked out manifold to have a broken shaft. Meaning between cylinder runners. I’m fighting. Weird misfire the symptoms sound like what happens when an imrc shaft is broken, but I’m locked out.
The rod, I imagine, can break anywhere along the length of itself.

It seems most common that it breaks at the sensor on the end of it.

I’d check everything spark related before going down this road. This job is DIYable but is a real PITA solo in a garage with poor lighting.

OP
OP

17MagMetal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
PP3 is fun.

Basics:
- more throttle response
- pulls like freight train to 7500rpm
- crackles on decel

No pinging/unusual noises. I turned that octane option on while on the procal software.

Heat soak wasn’t a problem, it’s a chilly day currently and they remained just above ambient while moving.

Is it worth the $1700 all in I got it for?

Maybe? But I was in for a $700 manifold replacement already.

My advice, if cheap, do the GT350 mani and throttle body adapter to remain CARB compliant.

If you have extra cash as a CA resident and want some extra “oomph” out of your gen 2 coyote experience AND your IMRC has broken. Then send it.

If your IMRC isn’t broken then I wouldn’t recommend this. The PP2, allegedly, has plenty more torque down low which would be more fun for me. Getting to 7k RPM in any gear gets illegal really quickly.

For context: no traction issues with a 305/35r19 Michelin PSS tire.
Sponsored

Last edited: