Insurance did NOT raise as much as I expected

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
There are incentives with insurance companies. For example, multi-car discount, advanced safety features discount, clean driving history for 5 years, etc. The only discount every insurance company is leaving out is "not being a dumbass" discount. :cheers:

But the discounts add up. That over 25 thing is overrated. My rates dropped more when I turned 21 than 25.
My rates have been consistently going up every year after 25 and I've had no claims, no tickets, excellent credit. If I switch companies, I'll save a bit, then it creeps back up.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
My GT's insurance is $10 a month more than my wifes Subaru Crosstrek.

I'm good with that :headbang:

Sponsored

TPFMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
My Mustang was a third car added to my policy and it cost $450.00 for the year to do this. Didn't think that was too bad.

TPFMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
I had the same thing happen to me, as soon as a couple of years go by they raise rates considerably for no reason it seems, switched to Metlife and for the last 5 years and they have not jumped the rates much at all.

My rates have been consistently going up every year after 25 and I've had no claims, no tickets, excellent credit. If I switch companies, I'll save a bit, then it creeps back up.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Same here. I called and asked and they told me it was due to wild fires. They are becoming like the oil industry. Any reason.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I have a 2015 4runner, and 2016 Durango RT, and the Mustang. Of all the cars, the Mustang is the cheapest.
Sponsored