Insurance cost

Hudsoncobb1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hudson
Vehicle(s)
Miata
Not sure if this is the right section for this but, I’m looking into buying a 2006-09 mustang v6. Im opting for the v6 in hopes of cheaper insurance. Anyway, I’m 18, male, been driving 2 years with clean record. So, does anyone have an idea of what insurance costs might look like for me?
Sponsored

fcuboi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium
When I was 19, I was paying $105 a month for a '00 GT. I'm also located in Louisiana. That was liability only

CanMoosetang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Going to be paying 330/month (full coverage with $1000 deductibles) for my 22' GT that I am getting soon. Only had a license for a year and I'm under 25 male so definately the highest risk combo you can get. I can certainly afford it but it definitely hurts to be paying this much 😢. Not to mention the gas prices in California :D ~$5/gal for premium

Sponsored

fcuboi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium
Going to be paying 330/month (full coverage with $1000 deductibles) for my 22' GT that I am getting soon. Only had a license for a year and I'm under 25 male so definately the highest risk combo you can get. I can certainly afford it but it definitely hurts to be paying this much 😢. Not to mention the gas prices in California :D ~$5/gal for premium
That's rough. I just got quoted $250 a month for my '22 that's coming in. However, I was 24 when getting that quote and just turned 25 so hopefully that will be lowered. But to be honest, I was expecting much higher anyway 😁

CanMoosetang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
That's rough. I just got quoted $250 a month for my '22 that's coming in. However, I was 24 when getting that quote and just turned 25 so hopefully that will be lowered. But to be honest, I was expecting much higher anyway 😁
How many years have you had your license and anything on your record? Trying to figure out how much my insurance will be a year or two later. TBH In the span of 2 years I went from not wanting to drive often to muscle car fanatic so I wish I'd gotten my license earlier. If I got it when I was 16 I'd be paying like 150 right now from what the online tools say.

OP
OP

Hudsoncobb1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hudson
Vehicle(s)
Miata
Surely if I got lets say a 08 it would be much cheaper than that. I hope at least haha

fcuboi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium
How many years have you had your license and anything on your record? Trying to figure out how much my insurance will be a year or two later. TBH In the span of 2 years I went from not wanting to drive often to muscle car fanatic so I wish I'd gotten my license earlier. If I got it when I was 16 I'd be paying like 150 right now from what the online tools say.
I've been having it since I was 16. You will likely pay considerably less. I do have a speeding ticket from 2019 and one parking lot incident on my record but actually neither of those show up on my policy so I don't think they affect it. But Louisiana has the second highest rates in the US, so that's why I think you'd be paying less.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Probably chec
Not sure if this is the right section for this but, I’m looking into buying a 2006-09 mustang v6. Im opting for the v6 in hopes of cheaper insurance. Anyway, I’m 18, male, been driving 2 years with clean record. So, does anyone have an idea of what insurance costs might look like for me?
This is the 6th generation mustang forum for years 2015 to 2022. You might want to go check out the Mustang5G 2004 to 2014. They'd probably have more accurate insurance issue about that specific model year.

Sponsored

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
I feel for you younger guys. Insurance premiums can be harsh at that age. There's good reason for it though (just check out accident statistics if you're really curious). Due to multiple factors that go into pricing, I doubt we'd be able to accurately predict what your insurance payments might be. It's very specific to you, your location and the car. Best if you call a few places for quotes - and I do suggest calling instead of the online quotes unless you have all the pertinent car info. You'll save yourself a little hassle filling out the form only to end with "call us to get your quote".

mullstyle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium
Just FYI, I just priced this for myself as I am ordering a 2022. $125 a month, full insurance like I carry on my wife and my current car.

But I am 41 almost 42. It gets better young bucks!!

$260 to insure my soon to be 16 daughter though.

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota Tacoma
When I had my 2015 GT, my monthly insurance was around or slightly less than $50/month. I just got a quote for my new, upcoming 2022 GT, and it will be about the same.

Having said that, I am in my mid-50s, married, good driving record, etc. I also have a multi-car discount, an umbrella policy (for all cars/home), and I did specify to my agent that the car will be "garaged" (this helped bring the price down, but I had to ask/inquire about it -- otherwise I would not have been given the discount).

Anyway, I do feel for younger drivers, as I have a 23 year-old step-son, and he pays through the roof on his car insurance on his old, beater Subaru.

Last edited:

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
Way too many variables for someone to give you their guess.

Where you live has a big affect on the cost of insurance (I insured my wife's BMW and my Mustang with only $100 deductible in North Carolina for less than I paid to insure a SHO in Michigan with a $1,000 deductible).

Then what are the options that you go with, what deductibles, your credit rating. Even within a state the location will make a difference - in Michigan insuring a car in Wayne County where Detroit is will cost more than the same person and car in Cheboygan county.

Only way to get a true estimate is to talk to an agent who reps multiple companies to find the best rate for you.

22GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2020 f150 xlt, 2013 avenger 3.6l, 2017 f350 srw xl
I was quoted $100 a month for my 22 white gt I ordered. I'm 42 married with multiple other cars on our plan and i live in iowa I'll try to report back once the car comes in and I get the real quote.
Sponsored