Sponsored

Installing CB005 ok to lower the cradle w/ tranny scissor jack under the differential

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
I am also swapping out my exhaust so its really open back there right now, my tranny scissor jack fits up very nicely against the diff and it seems that there are a bunch of bushings the keep it connected to the cradle.

If I use the scissor jack under the diff I would have a bunch of fine tune control on the lowering and raising of the cradle it seems plus its right in the center which seems good also.

Doing both the lowering springs and the cb005 so lowering the cradle would make both pretty easy IMO. What do you guys think can I get away with this and still somehow line up the cb005 bolts ? Do I need to support the cradle using something else besides the differential ?
Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
You could do that, but I think the best way to do it is to lower the cradle down with the bolts barely being engaged into the threads....then just remove the bolts for the side/corners you are doing (CB005)

I have never had to actually drop the cradle down from all mounts to do springs or any BMR IRS components.

If you choose to use the scissor, let us know how it goes!

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
It's not going to go as smoothly as you hope it will. Definitely take it one side at a time and be ready to lift up the LCAs a little bit in order to get the bolts to line up, especially for the fronts. It's not a difficult install, just takes patience and a little bit of juggling.

OP
OP
Mike K.

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Got it done , wasn't too bad, The scissor jack seemed to work as well as any method, about an hr of figiting and i had both sides installed, that cradle really moves a lot with all 6 bolts taken out. I had a really good pry bar that fit the holes perfect so I'm sure that helped a bunch. I'll post some pics shortly but I felt with the exhaust gone I had plenty of room. I did the sp080 springs , Cb005, and the tca048 endlinks all at the same time. I still have the lca bearings and knuckle bearings but I'm gonna have a shop do those
Sponsored